Do you ever look at a head of cabbage and wonder – “what should I make with this”? If so, we have some delicious cabbage recipes for you to try.
From crunchy coleslaw to skillets and warm and cozy soups, cabbage it the perfect ingredient for many different flavors and recipes. Jump around this post to check out some of our top recipes with cabbage!
Some of Our Favorite Cabbage Recipes
We love to showcase cabbage in a variety of ways. Just follow one of the easy recipes in this post to make the most of this delicious vegetable! You’ll love it:
- Shredded in a crunchy coleslaw
- Baked in a casserole
- Sautéed in a stir-fry
- Slowly simmered in a soup
- As a topping for tacos
Trust me, it’s perfect in so many ways.
Cabbage Soup Recipes
Cabbage is the perfect ingredient for a delicious soup. It’s hearty enough that it can stand beside any protein and it can be simmered down to a softer texture.
25 Minute Kimchi Soup (Keto Friendly)
Healthy Ramen Noodles In A Jar (Paleo + Whole30)
Cabbage Coleslaw Recipes
The perfect ingredient for any kind of crunchy coleslaw, here are two different options. One is more traditional – a rich and creamy coleslaw and another is a lighter coleslaw with a tangy dressing and no mayo.
Rich and Creamy Keto Coleslaw
Healthy Coleslaw Recipe (Paleo + Whole30) No Mayo
Cabbage Skillet Recipes
This is one of our favorite ways to enjoy cabbage! Throw together a bunch of fresh ingredients, a little protein and some sauce/seasonings in a skillet and you’re all set for a quick and easy meal.
Sausage and Cabbage Skillet (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
One Pan Turmeric Chicken Skillet
Spaghetti Squash Chicken Chow Mein (Paleo + GF)
Cabbage Salad Recipes
At the end of a long summer when cabbage is just hitting it’s peak freshness, it’s a great option to mix in with other seasonal veggies for a fresh and flavorful salad.
Easy Thai Beef Salad
Paleo Chinese Chicken Salad
Cabbage Bowl Recipes
We love bowl recipes, so we decided to include these bowl meals with cabbage for a unique way to use cabbage for dinner. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Paleo Potsticker Noodle Bowls Recipe (GF, Dairy-Free + Soy-Free)
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Bowls (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
Recipes with Cabbage as a Crunchy Topping
Another favorite way to use cabbage is to mix up a simple slaw with it and use it as a topping. It’s great on any kind of tacos and, shredded meats or even a sandwich.
Paleo Fish Tacos and Coleslaw
Jibarito Recipe (Paleo + Whole30)
Like this Post?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
10+ Cabbage Recipes: Egg Roll in a Bowl
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
For the bowl:
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups coleslaw mix + cruciferous salad mix, (shredded cabbage & carrots – can use a 14oz pre-shredded bag or shred your own. We also added some of the cruciferous mix from Trader Joe’s as well.)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb ground pork, (can sub ground chicken, beef, or turkey)
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds, (optional topping)
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Chop shallot, garlic, and green onions as noted.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium high heat and add in sesame oil. Once hot, add in shallot and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in ground pork. Break the pork into bits and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork is cooked and has formed some brown crispy bits on the pieces.
- Once the pork is cooked, add in the coleslaw and/or cruciferous veggie mix and green onions. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veggies begin to soften. Turn heat to low.
- Add in the sauce to the skillet. Mix everything together well and cook for a few minutes or until the cabbage is cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and serve. Top with optional sesame seeds.