These salted chocolate caramel cashew clusters are the perfect bite filled with all the good things. All the things you need for a quick little pick me up and salty-sweet treat. They are just enough to reward yourself and satisfy a sweet craving.
I’m sure you’ve gathered that we love salty and sweet combinations. They are the best of both worlds and fun to create! We also love sharing treats that are portioned to be satisfying while not totally disturbing your good habits or throwing you off course with your goals. That’s my favorite thing about these salted chocolate caramel cashew clusters. If you make them in mini muffin tins, they are only two bites (or one kind of big bite).
Check out these little nuggets of tastiness.
And yes, here’s the infamous stack for a closer look! You’ll see I used regular sized muffin tins for some. They are more photogenic. They have slightly more of the cashew caramel mixture and about the same amount of chocolate topping as the mini muffin sized ones. I just spread them out in the muffin liner in a thinner layer.
I told you….these little clusters are all the good things wrapped up in one little two-bite treat.
If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment below and adding a rating. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram #realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Salted Chocolate Caramel Cashew Clusters
- 2 tbsp grassfed butter or ghee
- ~1/4 cup coconut or maple sugar
- 1-2 tbsp full fat coconut milk or nut milk (I used cashew milk because I had some on hand I had made recently)
- Pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 cups of cashews (I used dry roasted with sea salt but raw would be just fine)
- 4-5 oz dark chocolate, melted (chips or a bar work)
- Line a mini muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- Make your caramel sauce. Over medium heat, add your grassfed butter or ghee to a small skillet.
- As the butter melts, add your coconut or maple sugar and keep mixing everything until the butter and sugar combine.
- Add the coconut or nut milk and continue stirring.
- Once the milk is combined into the mixture, turn the heat down to low and keep stirring. The sauce will start to thicken.
- Remove from heat and in a small mixing bowl, combine your cashews with your caramel sauce and mix with a spoon until the cashews are coated in caramel.
- Spoon the cashew caramel mixture into your muffin liners. There will probably be extra. I busted out my regular sized muffin tin because I don't have two minis and just made a thinner layer of the nut mixture.
- Melt your dark chocolate next. Use a double boiler over medium heat (or a sauce pan and stainless steel mixing bowl if you don't have one). Stir the chocolate around plenty so it doesn't burn.
- Once the chocolate is melted and smooth in texture, turn the heat off.
- Spoon the chocolate over your caramel covered cashews.
- Sprinkle a little sea salt on top of each cluster. This is imperative for achieving maximum salty-sweet pleasure!
- Place in the fridge to solidify the chocolate.
- Serve these up or store them in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week or longer in the freezer.