What readers are saying about these fajitas
This recipe is so easy to make- worked perfectly to throw together really quick after work. So big on flavor! This is a recipe that we will come back to again and again- so good.Korey
5 reasons you’ll love this recipe
- It’s a true sheet pan meal. Just throw everything in the pan and toss it in the oven!
- The easy homemade cilantro-lime shrimp marinade coats everything with some delicious and tangy fajita flavor.
- Make this healthy low-carb dinner for taco Tuesday, it’s perfect for the whole family! Everyone can use whatever tortilla shells or wraps they want.
- If you like meal prep recipes, this is a great one! You can easily double it and the leftovers keep well in the fridge.
- These fajitas are perfect for any diet – gluten-free, dairy-free paleo, whole30 and keto!
Related: Browse all of our quick + easy keto dinner ideas!
Tips from an expert home chef
- The cilantro lime marinade will be kind of thick. That’s ok! You want it to coat and stick to the shrimp and fajita veggies as much as possible.
- Use whatever tortilla shells you want. Use lettuce wraps or keto tortillas for low-carb or you can use corn or larger fajita tortillas if desired.
- Make it a fajita bowl. You could even skip the shells entirely and serve it in a bowl with cauliflower or regular rice and/or some other greens or veggies.
- Clean, peel and remove the tail from the shrimp before cooking. This will save you the hassle of taking the tails off the hot cooked shrimp :).
- Don’t forget the toppings! We love a good dollop of our homemade chipotle aioli sauce. Or some chopped fresh cilantro and avocado are great options too.
Other easy one pan low carb recipes
- Easy Chicken and Chorizo Bake
- One Pan Cajun Shrimp and Cauliflower Rice
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Skillet
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Crispy Roasted Cauliflower Rice
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our delicious keto diet friendly recipes to find some other favorites too!
Easy (30-Minute!) Keto Fajitas with Shrimp
For the cilantro-lime sauce:
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
For the Fajitas:
- 1.5 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, sliced into strips
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Chipotle aioli
- Chopped cilantro
- 2 bunches broad leaf greens (bibb, romaine, chard, etc.) , (or use corn or Siete tortillas – but greens only for Whole30)
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the lime sauce by mixing all of the sauce ingredients together in a large bowl. You'll add the shrimp, bell peppers and onion to this bowl, so use a large enough bowl for that. Alternatively, you can mix the sauce up in a small bowl and just toss with the other ingredients on the sheet pan.
- Slice bell peppers and onion as noted and add them to the bowl.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss/mix to coat everything with the lime sauce.
- Spread the shrimp and veggies out on the sheet pan. Place in the oven to bake for 10-15 minutes. Watch carefully after 10 minutes and remove when the shrimp and veggies are cooked to your liking. If you want a little char on the top, you can switch the oven to broil for the last few minutes.
- While the fajitas are cooking, prepare lettuce leaves for shells and toppings as desired.
- To serve, spoon fajita mixture into lettuce leaves (or tortillas), top with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
- Nutrition amounts noted are per serving and an estimate provided for those following a Ketogenic or low-carb diet and do not include serving/topping items for this recipe. See our full nutrition information disclosure here.
Remove shrimp tails prior to cooking for easier serving.
I make this recipe as written regularly! It’s perfect. My favorite paleo tortillas if anyone is looking: 😁
I made this for the 4th of July and it came out fantastic ! Only thing I doubled the recipe. Truly recommend. Quick and easy for family and friends .
Happy to hear that, glad everyone enjoyed the recipe.
I had made the sheet pan chicken fajitas, so I was excited to try this version with the shrimp. The best part of both recipes is the fresh squeezed lime that adds a kick of flavor to the spices. I prepped this in the morning and threw it together and served tonight in less than 20 minutes.So tasty! My son had three in small street-taco size fajita wraps. Since we devoured all of this, I would double the recipe so I can have leftovers on a salad next time. Fantastic!
What a great review Kathy, so glad you all enjoyed this recipe 🙂
Is the sauce supposed to be thick
Yes the sauce is a little thick so it will stick to the shrimp. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe a couple weeks ago and it became an instant favorite! Super easy and soooooo yummy!
Sheet pan dinners are the best – and this was great
This recipe is so easy to make- worked perfectly to throw together really quick after work. So big on flavor! This is a recipe that we will come back to again and again- so good.
So glad you enjoyed this one Korey :).
Oh man, I wish I had found this recipe for my stay-at-home cinco de Mayo! Looks like I just need to have a re-do of the holiday soon. Oh shucks! Haha. Can’t wait to try this!
This recipe I had tonight for dinner and you crushed it guys! Funny enough, I was very on the edge of trying a Keto diet because there’s so much info out there and I was really confused at the beginning lol.I can’t stress enough that people should try this before wasting money and their time on things that don’t work. It changed my life!
Very happy you enjoyed the recipe :). Yes, the keto diet can be very beneficial for some people. We are happy to hear it has changed your life for the better.