Justin never gets tired of eggs for breakfast. Like never. But we hear from you guys that you would like some egg-free options from time to time. This simple sweet potato porridge is a great egg-free, make-ahead option!
Simple Ingredients – Only 5 Of Them!
This sweet potato porridge only requires a handful of ingredients, and once the sweet potatoes are baked to perfection, all that’s left to do is mix everything up and add some toppings. It’s really that easy! Beyond the 5 ingredients listed in the recipe, you could also switch up the toppings and add whatever sounds good to you!
Collagen – What Is It & Why You Should Use It More
Collagen is a protein found in our bodies. It is most prominent in the connective tissues and bones, and you can get collagen supplements in the form of hydrolyzed collagen peptides or gelatin. The difference between the two is the water-solubility. Hydrolyzed collagen is soluble in both hot and cold water, whereas gelatin is only dissolves in hot water. Then, once cooled gelatin gets gummy, like jello. I’ve also read that sometimes hydrolyzed collagen is easier for people to digest. I personally use hydrolyzed collagen most frequently.
Collagen is great for many reasons, including the health of your gut, hair, skin, nails and liver among other things. You can read more about it in this post from Dr. Axe where he explains what collagen is and 7 ways it can improve your health.
Perfect Supplements Collagen
We use and love the brand Perfect Supplements. Their hydrolyzed collagen is sourced from grass-fed cows, and we love the mission and practices of Perfect Supplements. We love partnering with them as an affiliate, and use their products regularly. You can get 10% off any Perfect Supplements order using our discount code “RSG10”. We do earn a small commission when you shop using our link, which helps to keep Real Simple Good running. Our promise to you is that we only promote and share brands we personally love and use. Thanks for your support!
Other Great Egg-Free Breakfast Ideas
Looking for some more egg-free breakfast options to try? We’ve got you covered with a few more recipes here:
Your Turn To Try Our Simple Sweet Potato Porridge
If you’ve been looking for an egg-free breakfast, give this sweet potato porridge a try! It’s super easy to make and is a great make-ahead option. Make it and then just re-heat it in the morning. Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Simple Sweet Potato Porridge (Paleo)
Other topping ideas:
- Coconut milk
- Pumpkin seeds (any nuts or seeds really)
- Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Use a fork to poke holes in sweet potatoes. Then, line a baking sheet with foil and place it on the bottom rack of your oven. Place sweet potatoes directly on the rack right above your baking sheet. The baking sheet is just to catch any drippings from the sweet potatoes. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked, remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled cut in half lengthwise. Scoop our the flesh and place in a mixing bowl. Add collagen and shredded coconut. Mash and mix with a fork.
- Cover and store in the fridge. When you're ready to eat just reheat, top with berries, almond butter and any other toppings you like.