We have been on a total meatball kick lately, mostly because they make life easy. We just make a big batch of these southwest turkey meatballs, and then use the leftovers for lunches and snacks throughout the week. It is so easy and makes for a good, protein-packed snack! They are also a great game day finger food item too! Or even an appetizer as we move into the holiday party season. So many options!
How These Southwest Turkey Meatballs Come Together
All you really do to make these fabulous meatballs is place all of the ingredients (except for the canned tomatoes) in a large mixing bowl, and roll your sleeves up. Use your hands to combine all of the ingredients. Then, use an ice cream scoop to carve out golfball sized meatballs right on your parchment lined baking sheets. Yes, we use parchment to line our baking sheets to help with clean up and so they don’t stick to the pan and fall apart.
We like to bake our meatballs and find that they turn out best when baked since we don’t use bread crumbs, grains or eggs to keep them together. Plus, it is actually quite easy to scoop them out onto a baking sheet and place them in the oven. Once they are baked, we toss them on the stove with crushed tomatoes for the finishing touch.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack – They’re Great Anytime
The true beauty of these marvelous meatballs is that they can really be eaten any time of the day and for any meal or snack! Meatballs are truly one of the most versatile things. You could pair them with eggs for breakfast, serve them over greens for lunch, with roasted veggies for dinner, or just eat them solo for a snack! Seriously, now are you starting to see why we’ve been in a meatball craze lately!? You can also try our teriyaki turkey meatballs for an entirely different flavor.
Your Turn To Make Our Southwest Turkey Meatballs
Go ahead and make a big batch of these southwest turkey meatballs to have on hand for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks during the week. See how easy they make your life! Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Southwest Turkey Meatballs (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- 2 lbs ground turkey, (or chicken)
- 3 jalapeños, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet (one large or two small) with parchment paper.
- Prepare the jalapeños, garlic and green onion as noted above. Place in a large mixing bowl with ground turkey, cumin, salt and pepper. Use your hands to thoroughly combine all of the ingredients.
- Use an ice cream scoop to make golfball sized meatballs on your parchment lined baking sheet(s). It should make about 24-25 meatballs. Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, or until the turkey is cooked all the way through.
- In the last five minutes of baking, place your can of diced tomatoes in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Let it heat up. Once meatballs are done cooking, remove from oven and use tongs to place them in the tomatoes on the stove. Toss to coat and serve. Enjoy - for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks!