This one pan spicy chicken and cauliflower rice is an easy weeknight dinner that you can have on the table in 30 minutes. Simple ingredients and easy prep make this a healthy recipe that fits every diet. Even if you aren’t Keto or doing a Whole30, you’ll still love the spicy flavors in this recipe!
How spicy is it?
We are pretty moderate when it comes to spicing things up, so if you follow the recipe exactly it will be only a mild spice level. However, since there are three spicy ingredients in this recipe, you can adjust as follows:
- Add more cayenne pepper
- Use a “hot” salsa (we usually use “medium”)
- Use a spicy hot sauce and/or add more hot sauce on top for serving (we usually use “mild” or “medium”)
Basically, adjust the recipe to suit your taste and desired level of spiciness!
The most flavorful cauliflower rice
Let’s be honest, cauliflower rice can be pretty bland and boring at times. We’ve had our share of unsatisfying cauliflower rice…..
But not this recipe! Since cauliflower rice will soak up any flavors you cook it in, we always like to cook it in the same pan that we cooked the chicken in. That way, it soaks up all of the little bits of seasonings and flavors left in the pan from the chicken. Then, we added a little salsa and hot sauce to kick it up a notch!
Some tips to make this even more keto friendly
This recipe is already pretty low carb, but you might be looking for some options to reduce the carbs just a little more. A few ideas:
- Make sure to use a low-carb salsa (the salsa showing in the nutrition calculation below is adding 2.25g net carbs per serving to the recipe)
- Use a keto friendly hot sauce, since some use added sugar
- Replace the salsa and hot sauce with a low carb sauce like this chipotle aioli
More one pan keto recipes
- BREAKFAST FRIED RICE (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
- BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
- SAUSAGE AND CABBAGE SKILLET (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
- EGG ROLL IN A BOWL (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
Your turn to try this spicy chicken and cauliflower rice
Looking to take your weeknight chicken dinner to the next level? Try this easy one pan spicy chicken recipe and make it just as spicy as you want it! Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram, and tag us @realsimplegood so we can see it. Make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. Let’s stay connected!
Spicy Chicken and Cauliflower Rice (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
For the seasoning:
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to your desired spice level)
For the chicken:
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- Make the seasoning by mixing the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Season chicken on both sides with seasoning mix.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add avocado oil. Once hot, place chicken thighs in and cook, undisturbed, for 5-6 minutes. Flip and cook another 5-6 minutes until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, rice cauliflower in a food processor or with a hand grater. Prep cilantro as noted.
- Prepare cauliflower rice by heating the same skillet you cooked the chicken in over medium heat. If needed, add some avocado oil to the skillet. Once hot, add cauliflower rice, salsa, hot sauce and cilantro. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until the rice is starting to soften and warm. Squeeze in lime juice and stir to mix.
- Nestle chicken back in with the cauliflower rice and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Serve chicken with cauliflower rice.