Can we just talk about this extra creamy, dairy-free one pan dinner for a sec?? This Paleo, Whole30 + Keto chicken skillet is full of flavor from the creamy spinach artichoke sauce, filled with veggies from the cauliflower rice, asparagus and spinach and topped with simply seasoned chicken thighs. And it comes together in just 30 minutes, too! So basically, this is the new recipe you need to try ASAP!
How do you make the spinach artichoke sauce so creamy?
We really love making healthier comfort food recipes, and this chicken skillet is a new favorite! The creamy sauce is made with mayo as the base, so it’s full of creamy goodness. We also used nutritional yeast to add some cheesy, umami flavor. It’s a combo that really satisfies the palate, and the sauce is actually a recipe we made for a spinach artichoke dip a while back! So, it’s versatile and great for entertaining or taking to get togethers. It always goes real quick, and nobody has any idea it’s dairy-free and healthier. And in this easy one pan dinner, it’s the perfect sauce!
What if I don’t like chicken thighs?
We prefer to cook with boneless, skinless chicken thighs most of the time because they are more flavorful and cook faster than chicken breasts. That said, you could totally use chicken breasts instead of thighs for this recipe. You might consider cutting the chicken up in advance, either into strips or bite-sized pieces, to speed up the cooking time.
What is nutritional yeast?
Don’t be put off or scared of yeast in the name. Nutritional yeast is an inactive yeast, meaning that it doesn’t cause an issue for people with yeast overgrowth or candida issues. We love it because it adds a cheesy, umami flavor to whatever you’re making, which is great for dairy-free recipes like this spinach artichoke chicken skillet! We actually end up using it in our kitchen pretty often and find that it’s great in many savory dishes.
More easy one pan recipes
- HEALTHY LEMON CHICKEN PICCATA (PALEO + WHOLE30)
- BREAKFAST FRIED RICE (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
- EASY CHICKEN AND CHORIZO BAKE (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
- SZECHUAN NOODLES (PALEO, WHOLE30 + KETO)
Time to try our spinach artichoke chicken for yourself!
Get this easy, 30 minute meal on your meal plan for next week! The whole family will enjoy our creamy, dairy-free spinach artichoke chicken skillet. Leave a comment and rating below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram and tag us @realsimplegood and use #TheRSGLife so we can check it out and share on our feed, too! And if you don’t already, make sure to give us a follow – let’s stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Skillet (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1.5 lbs chicken thighs (or breasts)
- salt and pepper
For the spinach artichoke sauce:
For the rest:
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 6 cups Cauliflower rice (or white rice if not Whole30 or Keto)
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Add avocado oil to a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add in chicken and season with salt and pepper, about a 1/2 tsp each.
- Let chicken cook undisturbed for 4 minutes, and then flip and season the other side with more salt and pepper, about a 1/2 tsp each. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, place all of the spinach artichoke sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Also, prep asparagus and cauliflower rice if not using pre-riced cauliflower.
- Once chicken is done, remove from pan and set on a plate. Turn off the heat, and add cauliflower rice and asparagus to pan. Add some salt and pepper to taste and mix around.
- Layer sauce on top of rice mixture, and add chicken on top of sauce.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Once done, remove, serve and enjoy!