Holy moly, it has been HOT! And what better way to cool off and relax than crisp and refreshing strawberry basil watermelon agua fresca!? That is a mouthful, huh! Well, it is totally worth it. Not only is this a totally refreshing, non-alcoholic beverage you can enjoy anytime of day, it would also be pretty incredible with some booze added in if that’s your thing.
I love that watermelon and strawberries are both in season right now and so so vibrant. They are beautiful and delicious, so that’s a win! Check these little gems out. They are just sweet enough to make you smile, and the crisp sparkling water is refreshing. It’s like a paleo friendly soda or mocktail.
Even better, they are ready to be sipped in about 5 minutes or less, depending how quick you can wrangle a big watermelon! All you do is chop up your watermelon, toss it in a blender with some strawberries, basil and lime juice and blend. Fill up your glasses about halfway with sparkling water and then add in the blended mixture, stir and sip!
It is like the sun is just begging you to make a batch. Go on, blend up this strawberry basil watermelon agua fresca, and let us know what you think by leaving a comment and rating below. Also, take a picture and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Strawberry Basil Watermelon Agua Fresca (Refined Sugar-Free)
- 2 cups watermelon, - cubed
- 6 strawberries, - green tops removed
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 lime, - half to squeeze juice into blender and half to cut in rings for garnish
- Place your watermelon, strawberries, basil and juice of half a lime in your blender. Blend on medium-high until everything is mixed up. The watermelon will make it get kind of frothy.
- Fill your glasses about halfway up with sparkling water. Then pour the strawberry, basil and watermelon mixture right in your glasses.
- Cut the remaining half of lime into rings and garnish each glass. Give them a little stir and serve! Start sippin'!