5 reasons to love this easy sauce recipe
- With just a handful of ingredients, you can whip up this creamy dipping sauce in 5-minutes flat!
- It’s so garlicky, smoky and tangy – perfect for dunking some sweet potato (or regular) fries in.
- It really shouldn’t be limited to fries, you can use it to slather on burgers or wraps, to drizzle over veggies, as a dip for crackers or even as a salad dressing.
- You can store it for several weeks in the fridge, but I bet you’ll use it up before then!
- Pair this dipping sauce with some crispy air fryer sweet potato fries (from frozen) for the ultimate quick and easy weeknight side dish.
- Mayonnaise – For an easy homemade option, try out our healthy homemade mayo recipe.
- Mustard – I like the tangy dijon, but you could use regular yellow mustard. It’s your choice!
- Lemon juice – You could sub some vinegar if you don’t have fresh lemon. Start with 1 tbsp and add more as desired.
- Garlic – Fresh minced garlic is best, but you could sub 1 tsp dried garlic if needed.
- Smoked paprika – Gives the dip a little color and smoky flavor. Use less if you don’t want the smoky taste.
- Sea salt – Mix the dip and add any additional salt at the end. Most store-bought mayo and mustard already has salt in it.
Tips from an expert home chef
- I highly recommend making this ahead of time and letting the flavors meld in the fridge for a while.
- The ingredients are a great base for just about anything, so feel add some cayenne or hot sauce for some spice or swap out the lemon for lime.
- You can easily scale this recipe up or down to suit your needs. Just adjust the serving size in the recipe card and the ingredients will automatically update for you!
Some more fry recipes to try with this dipping sauce
- Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Healthy Grilled Sweet Potato Fries
- Easy Oven Baked Butternut Squash Fries
- Extra Crispy Jicama Fries
- 3-Ingredient Plantain Fries
If you try this recipe, please share some love!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our healthy sauces, marinades, seasonings and dressings to find some other favorites too!
Creamy (Garlicky!) Sweet Potato Fries Dipping Sauce
- Place all of the ingredients (except the salt) in a bowl or jar and mix well. Taste and add any salt as desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
- The sauce can be stored for several weeks in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Nutrition amounts are per serving and an estimate provided for those following a Ketogenic or low-carb diet. See our full nutrition information disclosure here.