This sweet potato quiche is perfect for your next brunch. It’s sweet, savory, hearty and filling; the perfect complement to a hot cup of coffee with a group of friends. With only six main ingredients, it whips up in no time and makes about eight servings. See, I told you it was perfect for brunch!
But don’t limit yourself to only enjoying this sweet potato quiche for only the occasional brunch. Make it up for your family on the weekend for a healthy breakfast and you’ll have some leftovers to munch on for lunch or to reheat the next day for an easy breakfast option.
In fact, we like to make this on a Sunday so we have an entire week’s worth of breakfast at our fingertips. There’s no better way to guarantee you’ll have a healthy breakfast every day than to make a big pan of this sweet potato quiche to have ready to heat up for the entire week.
If you are planning in advance, you can even prep this the evening before and just toss it in the oven the next morning. Just mix everything in a bowl or casserole dish and throw it in the fridge. Then, all you have to do in the morning is put it in the oven to bake and wait while your house fills with the wonderful smell of breakfast. Mmmmm….
If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment below and adding a rating. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Sweet Potato Quiche (Paleo, Dairy-Free + Whole30)
- 1 lb sausage
- 1/2 onion, - diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, - grated
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, - More milk will make the quiche light and fluffy but will also give it more coconut flavor.
- 2 big handfuls of greens, (kale, spinach, etc.)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a cast iron pan or over medium heat. Note: If you don’t use a cast iron skillet, you’ll have to transfer everything to another oven safe dish to cook.
- Add in the sausage and onion to cook, stirring occasionally.
- While the sausage is cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Grate the sweet potatoes and place them in a large bowl. Add the eggs, coconut milk (use 1/2 cup for a lighter and fluffier texture, less if you don’t want as much coconut flavor), kale, and seasonings. Mix everything together.
- Once the sausage is cooked, add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix again until the sausage is evenly incorporated.
- Now, pour everything back into the cast iron pan (or other oven safe dish).
- Bake in your oven for 45 minutes, until fully cooked. You’ll know it is done when the top is looking brown and crispy and the egg in the middle of the pan is no longer runny.
- Cut into pieces and serve.