We are all about keeping it simple and easy when it comes to breakfast. Since there is nothing more important than eating a healthy breakfast in the morning, we like to have as many easy breakfast options in our repertoire as we can to set ourselves up for success. This taco breakfast bowl is perfect for a healthy meal that can be ready in about 15 minutes with everyday ingredients and some leftover taco meat to keep your clean eating on track in the morning.
This is a meal that will stick with you for a long time. It’s full of protein, healthy fats, probiotics, good carbohydrates and leafy greens. The different tastes and textures all in one bowl will have you making a version of this taco breakfast bowl over and over. You can mix it up and substitute any leftover protein for the taco meat such as chicken or beef, or you can use breakfast meat such as ham, bacon or sausage. We love ground beef with our homemade Paleo taco seasoning. Try it with or without the egg, with different greens and with fried plantains instead of sweet potatoes.
Also, why not have breakfast for dinner? We do it at least once a week and really enjoy mixing it up with our traditional dinners. Try this taco breakfast bowl for an easy dinner and switch things up for a change!
If you make this, we’d love to hear what you think about it. Leave a comment and rating below and don’t forget to take a picture and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can find it!
Breakfast Taco Bowl
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the avocado or coconut oil and allow the skillet to get good and hot.
- Slice up the sweet potato into ¼ inch round slices. Once the pan is hot add in the sweet potato slices. Sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until they start turning golden brown.
- Once the sweet potatoes have cooked on one side, use tongs or a fork to flip them over and sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper again. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until both sides are golden brown. When the sweet potatoes are done transfer them to a paper towel lined plate to soak up any excess oil.
- Turn the pan down to medium and add your leftover taco meat to the skillet to warm it up, stirring occasionally. Our homemade taco seasoning is here.
- Heat another small pan over medium heat for your eggs. Crack your egg into the pan to cook once it has warmed up. We like to cook ours over easy with a runny yolk.
- Now, make up your bowl. Fill it first with the leafy greens, add in the leftover taco meat, sweet potatoes and sauerkraut. Top it with an egg and dig in!