This teriyaki beef recipe is an easy and healthy stir fry recipe that’s also a perfect family meal! With crunchy broccoli and bell peppers, you’ll get your veggies in while still feeling content and satisfied. The teriyaki sauce doesn’t have any added sugar so it’s Paleo and Whole30 compliant too!
How do you make Whole30 compliant teriyaki sauce?
It’s really very easy! We use dates to provide just a hint of natural sweetness without triggering your “sugar dragon“. Then, it’s just a few simple ingredients like coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, garlic and fresh ginger. A little arrowroot starch acts as a thickener so don’t forget to add it!
What’s the best cut of steak to use for this teriyaki beef recipe?
Our top choice of steak for this recipe is flank steak. That’s what we used for the pictures in this post. We like flank steak because it’s a cheaper cut of meat, yet it’s also tender and flavorful. It’s also a fairly thin steak and easy to cut into small pieces which is perfect for this recipe. Some alternative cuts to flank steak are:
- Skirt steak
- Flat Iron steak
- Hanger steak
- Sirloin steak
What should I serve this teriyaki beef with?
Honestly, you could eat this teriyaki beef stir fry without any side and have a complete meal. We provided instructions for serving it with cauliflower rice in the recipe. The cauliflower rice is nice because it soaks up the extra sauce and takes on the flavor of the dish well. You could serve it with white rice too if you eat regular rice.
Some other easy family dinner options
Your turn to try this teriyaki beef recipe
If you’re looking for the perfect family meal for a busy weeknight, make this teriyaki beef recipe! Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram, and tag us @realsimplegood. Make sure you give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Teriyaki Beef Recipe (Paleo + Whole30)
For the teriyaki sauce:
For the rest:
- 1.5 lbs flank or skirt steak, cut into 2-inch strips against the grain
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, divided
- 2 small red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 6 green onions, cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- 6 cups cauliflower rice, (about 1 medium head)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and peper
- Sesame seeds, optional topping
- To make the sauce, place all of the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and run continuously to combine all the ingredients until smooth. Stop to scrape sides down as needed and restart.
- Prep steak, bell pepper, broccoli and green onions as noted. "Rice" cauliflower to have it ready.
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or wok. Add beef and season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring to cook on both sides, until the beef is just cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil to the pan, along with the bell pepper, broccoli and green onions. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- At the same time, in a separate pan, heat avocado oil over medium heat. Add cauliflower rice and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is just tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the beef and sauce mixture to the pan with the veggies and stir until the veggies and beef are evenly coated. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Turn heat to low. Taste and season with any salt and/or freshly ground black pepper as desired.
- Remove from heat and serve teriyaki beef over cauliflower rice. Top with optional sesame seeds if desired.