This easy, Thai-inspired ground pork stir fry is a delicious weeknight meal. With only 5 main ingredients it’s ready in about 20 minutes. You’ll love this healthy Thai basil pork!
Making This Basil Pork Recipe
This recipe is simple, yet flavorful. Here’s how you’ll make it:
- Chop up the veggies.
- Brown the pork in a skillet with some simple seasonings.
- Add in the onions, peppers and Thai basil and sauté.
It sounds simple (and it is), but this dish is packed with distinct flavors you don’t want to miss!
Need more ground pork recipes? Check out this listing of 15 easy and healthy ground pork recipes.
Thai Basil vs Basil
We highly recommend using Thai basil in this recipe if you can find it. It will work with regular sweet basil but here are the differences:
- Thai Basil is a type of basil common in Southeast Asian cuisine. It has purple stems and slightly sturdy leaves with a subtle spicy, licorice-like flavor.
- Italian Basil is the type most commonly used in Western cooking. The leaves are much larger more delicate than Thai basil leaves with a semi-sweet, slightly peppery flavor.
If you only have Italian basil on hand for this dish, it will still taste great! But if you are able to find Thai Basil you’ll love how it tastes in this stir-fry.
How to Serve This Thai Basil Minced Pork
The standard option to serve this dish is over some white rice or cauliflower rice. Here are some other options:
- Over your favorite cooked noodles.
- Stir in some shredded cabbage or chopped greens in step #4 of the recipe.
- Serve it with this asian cucumber salad.
- Top it with a fried egg.
- Use lettuce or cabbage to make a wrap.
Your Turn To Try This Healthy Pork Stir Fry
If you’re craving a delicious takeout meal or just need a quick and easy stir-fry idea, make this Thai basil pork. It’s a healthy weeknight meal your whole family will love.
If you try it, leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram, and tag us @realsimplegood. We love to see what you’re cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Healthy 20-Minute Thai Basil Pork
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4 green onions, diced, (the white and green parts are used in separate steps)
- 1 red bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and diced, (can sub 3-4 fresno peppers for a spicy option)
- 10 leaves Thai basil, roughly chopped, (can sub regular basil, see notes in post above)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice
- Prep peppers, onions and basil as noted and gather the remaining ingredients.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add in the sesame oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add in the pork and the white part of the onions. Break the pork up into smaller pieces and season it with the Chinese 5 spice and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pork is browned and cooked through, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in the peppers with the pork and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until they just start to soften.
- Next, add the green parts of the onions and basil to the skillet. Stir to mix. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, stirring frequently, until the basil has softened.
- Remove from heat and serve.