We love a tasty wrap recipe and especially one that is both flavorful and filling. These easy collard green wraps are exactly that – super delicious and satisfying, too!
Easy Meal Prep Idea
We are always on board with a recipe that is great for dinner and then makes easy leftovers for lunch. These collard green wraps are an easy one that you can enjoy for a light dinner, and then pack up the leftovers for lunch at work the next day.
Alternatively, you could also just make them for lunches. Since collard greens are pretty substantial and more hearty than other greens, you can roll them up the night before and they’ll still taste fresh and delicious for lunch the next day. You can also just pack the ingredients and put it all together when you are ready to eat lunch. Either way, these are a new favorite!
The Sprouts – Are They Paleo??
You’re right, we added some bean sprouts on top. And yes, technically bean sprouts are from a legume. However, they are pretty harmless, but add such a nice little crunch. If you follow the strictest of Paleo lifestyles, then feel free to omit the bean sprouts or use a different vegetable sprout. We just personally appreciate the crunch! And if you want to read more about why they are harmless, check out this post from Mark Sisson.
Make It Whole30 Compliant
If you are making your collard green wraps Whole30 compliant, just make sure you skip the bean sprouts and use a different veggie sprout or micro greens instead. In addition, make sure your protein is compliant. We used squeaky clean deli meat for these wraps, but you could also use leftover turkey, chicken or I bet steak would be great as well.
The Spread – Flavor Booster
The spread used to add a pop of flavor to these collard green wraps is a must! It’s super easy to make in a food processor and adds SO MUCH flavor and texture to these wraps. You might even find yourself putting it on everything else you eat for the rest of the week.
Some Other Easy Whole30 Recipes
Your Turn To Try Our Collard Green Wraps
Make these easy collard green wraps for a light dinner or even as part of your meal prep to have healthy lunches throughout the week! Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Collard Green Wraps (Paleo + Whole30 Option)
- 4 large collard leaves, thick stems removed from the bottom of leaves
- 1.5 lbs roasted turkey breast, (can sub other clean deli meat or any protein leftovers really)
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup sprouts
- First, make the spread by combining all of the spread ingredients in a food processor. Process until the nuts are broken down into a semi-smooth texture, stopping to scrape the sides as needed. If the spread is too thick, you can add a little water or olive juice to thin it to your desired consistency.
- Chop cucumber and bell pepper as noted.
- Now, assemble the wraps. Place a collard leaf flat on a plate and spread some of the spread on the leaf with a knife. Then, layer on the turkey, cucumber and bell pepper.
- Roll the leaf up burrito style. Serve whole or secure ends with toothpicks and cut in half. Enjoy.