By now I’m sure you have read that turmeric is a superfood, packed with anti-inflammatory super powers. These turmeric maple roasted beets and carrots are an easy and delicious way to incorporate this powerful spice into your diet.
It’s easy to add turmeric into your daily cooking
My grandmother was the first person to tell me about turmeric years ago, and she’s usually right, so I followed her advice and found ways to add it in to my cooking. While I could still add it in even more, it is really not difficult to add it to roasted veggies, smoothies, and also teas. Although, watch out because the golden hue of turmeric will no doubt discolor your blender if it is not glass!
But why beets – they taste like dirt
I told Justin I was having a little trouble writing this post, and his response (in a sarcastic voice) was, “What? Why? Don’t you just love beets; they’re so earthy!” Insert eye roll. He is one of those who believes beets taste like dirt. I used to think that too. How about you? Are you for or against beets? As I have said before, going Paleo has changed my palate, and beets, which used to taste too earthy to me, now have a slightly sweet undertone. I actually really love them now!
Beets and carrots – a winning combo
I love beets roasted with carrots. You can really make them savory or sweet; a touch of sweet is obviously my favorite. Just look at the caramelized, slightly sweet, yet salty combo.
Roast a pan of these turmeric maple roasted beets and carrots. Serve them up with your favorite protein, like our coffee rubbed steak for a complete meal. Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Then, take a photo, and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Turmeric Maple Roasted Beets and Carrots
- 3-5 beets, - peeled and cut into rounds
- 4-6 carrots, - cut into strips (we love the organic rainbow colored carrots from Trader Joe's)
- 2 tbsp ghee, (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Start by prepping your vegetables. Peel and slice your beets into rounds. Then, cut your carrots into strips. Place your beets and carrots in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your mixing bowl and toss until your vegetables are coated.
- Spread your beets and carrots out on a baking sheet, and place in your oven to roast.
- Roast for 15 minutes, and then remove from the oven and toss your vegetables around. Place back in the oven and cook for another 15 minutes, or until your veggies are tender but retain just a little crunch.
- Serve with your favorite protein and enjoy!
Made this today with fresh chopped beets – a nice simple way to use turmeric and maple (wouldn’t have thought of those two) w/o over powering the main dish itself, the beets! Thanks!
Glad you enjoyed the recipe! Thanks for coming back to to leave a rating and review, we appreciate it 🙂
Quick question, is it really 1 tbsp of turmeric and not 1 tsp. for the Turmeric Maple Roasted Beets and Carrots?
Yep, it is but you’re welcome to adjust to your own preferences. 🙂