Get dinner on the table in about 15 minutes with these air fryer fish tacos! Use a white fish like cod, halibut, haddock or tilapia. Pair it with some simple seasonings and make an easy mayo-free coleslaw while the fish cooks. Then, kick back and enjoy these food truck worthy fish tacos!
And if you’re looking for the best fish taco aioli, check out our 5-Minute Homemade Chipotle Aioli!
Looking for more Air Fryer recipes? Check out all of our healthy and easy air fryer recipes!
Ingredients for Healthy Air Fryer Fish Tacos
Let’s just get to chase! These air fryer fish tacos are super simple. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Tortillas of choice – Siete for grain free, corn for gluten free or lettuce if you’re trying to stay low carb/Keto/Whole30
- Flaky white fish – our favorites are halibut, cod, haddock or tilapia
How to Make Easy Air Fryer Tacos
Again, quick and easy is the name of the game! Here are the simple steps to make these fish tacos.
- Preheat your air fryer if yours does.
- Mix up seasonings.
- Coat fish in seasonings and place in air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 8-12 minutes until fish is flaky and opaque.
- While the fish cooks, mix up the coleslaw.
- And when the fish is about ready, heat up your tortillas on the stove in a small skillet.
- Plate your tacos and enjoy!
Don’t have an air fryer, try our Paleo Fish Tacos + Coleslaw! You make the fish in a skillet on your stovetop.
Making an Easy Mayo Free Coleslaw for Fish Tacos
Don’t get me wrong, I do love a creamy aioli to go with my fish tacos, but I prefer my slaw to be citrusy and mayo free. And the coleslaw with these tacos comes together with ease while the fish is cooking in the air fryer. Here are some tips.
- If you want to skip chopping cabbage, just use a coleslaw mix from the grocery store.
- Avoid over-mixing the coleslaw. You want the avocado to stay a little chunky.
Our Favorite Fish Taco Aioli
We love a homemade, creamy aioli for putting on pretty much all things at our house. And our 5-Minute Homemade Chipotle Aioli is our go-to any day of the week, and it’s the perfect sauce for these air fryer fish tacos…or any tacos!
Other Taco Inspired Recipes to Try
If you’re like us, you do a weekly taco something. Here are some of our go-to’s.
- LOW-CARB GROUND BEEF TACO SALAD BOWL
- EASY TACO CASSEROLE
- TACO STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- EASY MEXICAN TACO MEATLOAF
- PALEO FISH TACO BOWLS
- EASIEST EVER GROUND PORK TACOS
Your Turn to Try Our Unbelievably Easy Air Fryer Fish Tacos
Whether you’re craving fish tacos or just in a pinch and need a super quick and easy dinner idea, make these air fryer fish tacos! The whole family will enjoy them!
If you give this recipe a try, make sure to come back and leave a star rating and review! We love hearing how it went. And tag us in your pics and videos on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can sneak a peek!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy Air Fryer Fish Tacos (with Crunchy Slaw!)
- 1 package Siete Tortillas, (or you can use corn tortillas if you eat them or lettuce shells for low carb/keto and Whole30)
For the coleslaw:
- 2 cups cabbage, (or slaw mix)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- Sea salt, to taste
For the fish:
- 1 lb flaky white fish, (halibut, cod, haddock, tilapia, etc.)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Preheat air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit if yours preheats.
- Combine fish seasonings in a small bowl.
- Pat fish dry with a paper towel, and cover in seasoning mixture on each side. Then, place in air fryer basket.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes, flip halfway if you're working with a thicker fillet. The fish will be flaky and opaque when done, or an internal temperature of 145°.
- While the fish is cooking, mix up the slaw. Combine all of the slaw ingredients in a bowl and mix them up until the avocado gets a little broken down but stays mostly chunky. Set aside until you’re ready to plate.
- Plate your tacos. Layer your fish and then coleslaw right on top of your tortillas. Garnish your favorite toppings, like salsa and cilantro. We also like to add a dollop of our chipotle aioli (it's addicting)!