Sweet and savory, butternut squash is a classic fall flavor. This squash is such a versatile ingredient – you can use it in anything from breakfast recipes, soups, meatballs, stir-fry’s and more. Let’s try something new, shall we?
The Best Butternut Squash Recipes
Butternut squash adds a warm and cozy feel to pretty much any fall dish. It is great simply roasted in the oven with a little oil, salt and pepper or pureed into a creamy soup.
For this roundup, we chose to highlight the versatility of butternut squash and the different ways you can use it in recipes. Whether it’s the star of the show as the primary ingredient or mixed in with a bunch of other goodies, you’ll always love the sweet, creamy flavor of butternut squash.
Soup Recipes for Butternut Squash
One of our favorite ways to use butternut squash is to make it into a rich, creamy and filling soup. Simply cut up the squash and cook up, add a few more ingredients and blend it all into a creamy soup!
Looking for more? Check out all of our Healthy Soup Recipes!
Roasted Butternut Squash Recipes
If you roast butternut squash in the oven, you’ll bring out all of its sweet-savory goodness. We guarantee you’ll love it as a french fry or mixed with other roasted veggies and protein for a full meal.
Looking for more? Check out all of our One Pan Recipes!
Butternut Squash Breakfast Recipes
Butternut squash for breakfast? Absolutely! Mix it up with some meatballs to add a little sweetness, add it to an egg casserole or chop it up for a breakfast hash.
Looking for more? Check out all of our Healthy Breakfast Recipes!
Butternut Squash Curry
An easy stir-fry type recipe, this curry is one of the best butternut squash dinner recipes! Savory curry seasonings pair perfectly with the sweetness of butternut squash in this healthy, veggie-packed one pan meal.
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Butternut Squash Recipes: Butternut Squash Soup & More
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed (about 3 pounds)
- 1 shallot, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 cups chicken bone broth (sub veggie broth for Vegan)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (plus more for topping)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Chopped pistachios or other nuts
- Fresh greens, chopped
- Roasted garlic
- Bacon bits
- Cut ends off butternut squash and slice in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and then peel with a paring knife or peeler. Chop into cubes.
- Prep shallot and garlic as noted. Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot and add coconut oil. Once melted, add the shallot and cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, and cook until fragrant. Press the “Cancel/Keep Warm” button, and add the butternut squash, curry paste, tomato paste, turmeric and bone broth. Secure the lid on the Instant Pot and close the pressure valve. Press the “Manual” button or “Pressure Cook” and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the soup is done cooking, quick release the pressure. Blend the contents of the Instant Pot to a smooth consistency with an immersion blender (or carefully transfer contents to a blender and blend).
- Stir in coconut milk. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Ladle into bowls, and top with additional coconut milk, chopped cilantro and chopped pistachios.