With everything from simple grab-and-go snacks to more filling proteins and mini-meals, this list of healthy Whole30 snack ideas will keep you compliant.
DOING A WHOLE 30? Check out our free 30-day printable Whole 30 meal plan with shopping lists.
We put a lot of thought into this Whole30 snack listing and have organized it into sections for you as noted below. Just click on the link if you want to jump directly to any section.
- Grab – These are quick and easy snacks that can be made in just a minute or two. They might require a quick chop of fruit/vegetables.
- Make – Still quick and easy but these snacks might require some heating or more assembly time.
- Prep – These snacks require a little advance prep (e.g. make hard boiled eggs, prep tuna salad, etc.)
We have also provided links to compliant products for these snacks and answers to common snacking questions. Use the table of contents below to navigate directly to any section.
1. Veggies with almond butter
2. Sliced tomato with avocado and basil
3. Prosciutto and fruit
4. Veggies and compliant ranch
5. Mixed nuts and berries
6. Olives with meat (lunch meat or leftovers)
7. Kimchi with avocado
8. Macadamia nuts, prosciutto and dried fruit
9. Veggies with non-dairy yogurt
10. Pickles and meat (lunch meat or leftovers)
11. Fruit with almond butter
12. Bell pepper sandwich (lunch meat, pickle and mustard)
13. Chopped sausage, kraut and avocado
14. Bone broth and veggies
15. Lunch meat (or leftover meat) wrap with avocado and mustard
17. Veggies with simple guacamole
18. Sausage, greens and mustard
19. Sausage (or beef) patty and spinach
20. Quick scramble (egg, meat and spinach)
20. Bone broth and coconut yogurt
21. Soft boiled egg over tomato with greens
22. Roasted veggies with ghee and nutritional yeast
23. Sweet potato toast (2 ways)
Toppings pictured are sliced avocado with some everything but the bagel seasoning salt and almond butter with blueberries. You can really use anything that sounds good for toppings. We like to add on some healthy fats and leftover protein to make this a true “mini-meal”.
To make sweet potato “toast”, slice a sweet potato into thin slices, about 1/4 inch in thickness. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 400°. After 10 minutes, flip the potatoes over and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
24. Cucumber slices with tuna salad
25. Hard boiled eggs (4 ways)
Pictured topped with (clockwise from top left):
- Compliant mayo (Primal Kitchen chipotle lime)
- Olive oil and everything but the bagel seasoning mix
- Simple guacamole (avocado, lime juice, salt + pepper)
- Prosciutto and mustard
26. Bacon in cabbage cup with simple guacamole
27. Chicken salad on apple slices
Pictured above using our Keto Chicken Salad recipe.
28. Carrots with coconut butter
29. Roasted veggies with compliant mayo
30. Bacon with simple guacamole
Whole30 compliant products to help you make these snacks
- Applegate – They have a lot of compliant options.
- Pederson’s Farms – One of our favorite places to find Whole30 compliant meats.
- True Story Foods – Their sliced turkey deli meat is compliant.
Other options might exist at your local stores, just check the ingredients and make sure there aren’t any sneaky sugars in the ingredients!
PRE-COOKED AND FRESH SAUSAGE:
- Pederson’s Farms – Old World Kielbasa and Smoked Kielbasa
- Teton Waters Ranch – Classic Bratwurst and Hardwood Smoked Beef Sausage
- Mulay’s – Original & Killer Hot Italian Sausage (fresh)
- Applegate – Chicken & Apple, Fire Roasted Red Pepper and Sweet Italian
- Aidells – Artichoke & Garlic, Poblano & Paprika and Chicken & Apple
- Wellshire Farms – Sugar Free Uncured Beef Franks
- Jones Dairy Farm – No sugar turkey sausage links, no sugar chicken sausage links, and no sugar pork links (fresh)
- Pederson’s farms – Spicy breakfast sausage, Italian sausage and Chorizo
- Mulay’s – Breakfast sausage, chorizo, original Italian, mild Italian and killer hot Italian
- Jones Dairy Farm – Pork sausage roll, country style sausage patties and no sugar chicken sausage (fully cooked)
- Make your own
- Trader Joe’s
- Other stores – Just check ingredients, they should just be pork and salt.
- Whole30 brand
- Primal Kitchen
- Make your own – Use the ranch sauce from this recipe.
- Primal Kitchen Spicy Brown Mustard
- Tessemae’s Yellow Mustard
- Annie’s Yellow Mustard or Dijon Mustard
- Other store brand mustards are compliant also (Trader Joe’s, Whole Food 365 brand) just check ingredients.
- COYO Coconut yogurt
- Kite Hill Plain Unsweetened Almond Milk Yogurt
- Forager Plain Unsweetened Cashewgurt
- Bob’s Red Mill
- Trader Joe’s Brand
- Make your own – Simply follow step #1 of this recipe
When is it ok to snack during my Whole30?
First things first, doing a Whole30 is not only life changing but habit changing as well. A lot of snacking is habit based and not actually based on feelings of true hunger. When you go through your Whole30, you’ll need examine your snacking habits and determine when you are truly hungry and need a snack vs. wanting a snack just for a treat or out of habit.
A good way to determine if you are truly hungry and need a snack is to ask yourself this question (Source the Whole30 website) – “Am I hungry enough to eat steamed fish and broccoli?” If the answer is yes, you’re legitimately hungry; go eat a snack! If the answer is, “No, but I’d eat an RXBAR/trail mix/scoop of almond butter” you’re just having a craving–no snack for you!”
What should my Whole30 snacks look like?
Ideally, a Whole30 snack should just be a “mini-meal”. You know the Whole30 meal template? Follow that and you’ll be fine. Try to eat a snack with protein, fat and carbs (a small portion of leftover dinner is the best example). These will be the most satiating snacks that will get you through to your next meal.
Can I eat popcorn on the Whole30?
Unfortunately, no. Grains are not allowed during the Whole30 and popcorn is made from a grain (corn). Don’t worry, it’s only 30 days! You can try popcorn again if you want to during your Whole30 reintroduction.
The best Whole30 snack
Even though we made this listing, we believe that the best Whole30 snack is actually an easy one – leftovers! Since you are already cooking Whole30 compliant meals, it’s easy to plan for and make a little extra in case you need a snack.
We utilize leftovers in our Whole30 meal plans to help you save time by cooking less. Make sure you check out our Whole30 meal plans and any of our Whole30 recipes, we have tons of options for you!
Like this Post?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
30+ Satisfying Whole30 Snacks: Spiced Nuts
- 1 cup almonds, (raw and unsalted)
- 1 cup cashews, (raw and unsalted)
- 1 cup walnuts, (raw and unsalted)
- 1/2 cup shelled sunflower seeds, (raw and unsalted)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place nuts in single layer on the sheet pan. Place in oven to roast for 15 minutes, turning halfway through.
- While nuts are roasting, prepare spice mixture by combining smoked paprika, sea salt and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Remove nuts from oven and allow to cool. Transfer to a bowl and coat nuts with olive oil, then coat with spice mixture.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature until serving.
So many good, simple ideas! Thank you!
You’re very welcome, we hope they come in handy for your Whole30!
I realize you have to make money and sponsors are a part of that, but I can’t even see the post because the ad takes up 1/2 of the page. Unfortunately, it is impossible to follow and that is very disappointing since, when I do get a glimpse between ads, it looks like a great resource.
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate hearing your thoughts. It’s definitely a hard balance to strike – providing quality free content, making money to pay our mortgage and bills and having the least amount of ads on our site as possible. In a longer post like this one, more ads get placed due to the length. If we were to consider doing something like offering a low-cost monthly subscription that gave you ad-free access to our site, is that something you’d be interested in. We are currently considering some alternative options and it would be great to hear feedback from someone who doesn’t like the ads.
These are great ideas! Thank you for sharing!
You’re very welcome!