Mixed Salad with Chicken, Beets and Orange Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 cups mixed leafy greens (chard/kale/arugula/spinach or greens of choice)
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into small chunks
- 2 small beets, peeled and julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (or sunflower or pumpkin seeds)
Set oven to broil, and make dressing by combining the dressing ingredients in a bowl or jar with a whisk.
Grease a sheet pan with oil and place chicken in the pan. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
Place chicken in the oven to broil for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and flip chicken over and return to oven to broil for another 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Once it is finished, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare oranges, beets, carrot, onion and avocado as noted. Place everything in a large bowl with the mixed greens.
Once the chicken has cooled, cut it up into bite sized pieces and add it to the bowl. Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
Serve salad topped with sliced almonds. Enjoy.