Zucchini Pizza Boats (Paleo, Keto + Whole30 Options)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
These Paleo, Keto + Whole30 zucchini pizza boats are a quick 30 minute meal! The whole family will love this healthy weeknight dinner recipe!
- 1 lb ground italian sausage (no added sugar)
- 4 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise with flesh scooped out
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (no added sugar)
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded (Optional, keto only)
- 1/4 cup pepperoni, chopped (Optional, double check ingredients)
- Chopped parsley or basil (Optional topping)
Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook Italian sausage, breaking up with a spatula and stirring occassionally until fully cooked.
While the sausage is cooking, prep the rest of the ingredients as noted.
Place prepped zucchini halves on baking sheet and spoon some marinara sauce into each boat.
Once Italian sausage is cooked, scoop some into each boat over the sauce. Layer on the rest of the toppings as desired.
Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until toppings are heated through and cheese is melted if you're using it.
Once done, remove from the oven and serve. Enjoy!