Roasted Sweet Potato Bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced in to 1/4" thick rounds
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cherries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- pure maple syrup, to drizzle on top (optional)
- 1 orange, zest of (optional)
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds and place in a mixing bowl. Once all the sweet potatoes are sliced, add avocado oil and sea salt to bowl. Toss to coat.
Spread out rounds on parchment lined baking sheet in an even layer, and place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
While the potatoes are cooking, roughly chop dried cherries and pecans and zest an orange.
Once sweet potatoes are tender, remove from oven and top with chopped dried cherries, pecans, goat cheese and orange zest. Then, make magic happen and drizzle a little maple syrup over them if you're feeling daring. Serve these babies up! Enjoy! Note: You can also leave out any of the optional ingredients noted above.