When you’re looking for a quick 30 minute meal the whole family will love, just make these Paleo, Keto + Whole30 zucchini pizza boats! With minimal ingredients, they come together real easy and are a healthy weeknight dinner.
All the toppings
We used all of our personal favorite pizza toppings in these zucchini boats, so use it as your starting point. If you want to add or ditch anything, go for it. These pizza boats are also great because if you’ve got kids, they can customize theirs to their own liking. Let the kiddos pick their toppings and make it their own. Everyone will be happy and enjoy a healthy dinner!
Cheese isn’t Paleo or Whole30, right?
We know! And that’s why it is purely optional. Feel free to use cheese or not. These zucchini pizza boats turn out great either way! We’ve learned that sometimes not the whole family follows a strict Paleo or Whole30 approach, and we want to offer some flexibility so the whole family can be satisfied. Because really, who wants to make multiple meals to satisfy everyone?!
Tips for making zucchini boats
- Use mild or spicy Italian sausage, whichever is most preferred by your people. We tend to go for spicy.
- For the pepperoni, it’s optional because finding a Whole30 compliant pepperoni is really hard, but if you’re not worried about staying Whole30 compliant, some brands we use are Willshire Farms and Applegate. We are able to find both at our local Whole Foods and Natural Grocers has some options as well.
- If you’re using cheese, some options we like ourselves are grass-fed cheddar or buffalo mozzarella. We get Kerrygold grass-fed white cheddar at Costco and buffalo mozzarella at Whole Foods.
Some other quick + easy recipes
Your turn to try our zucchini pizza boats
Plan to make these zucchini pizza boats for a family dinner. They’re quick and easy, and everyone will be happy! Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood so we can see, and make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
These Paleo, Keto + Whole30 zucchini pizza boats are a quick 30 minute meal! The whole family will love this healthy weeknight dinner recipe!
- 1 lb ground italian sausage (no added sugar)
- 4 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise with flesh scooped out
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (no added sugar)
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded (Optional, keto only)
- 1/4 cup pepperoni, chopped (Optional, double check ingredients)
- Chopped parsley or basil (Optional topping)
Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook Italian sausage, breaking up with a spatula and stirring occassionally until fully cooked.
While the sausage is cooking, prep the rest of the ingredients as noted.
Place prepped zucchini halves on baking sheet and spoon some marinara sauce into each boat.
Once Italian sausage is cooked, scoop some into each boat over the sauce. Layer on the rest of the toppings as desired.
Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until toppings are heated through and cheese is melted if you're using it.
Once done, remove from the oven and serve. Enjoy!