Seafood Stir Fry (Paleo + Whole30)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This Paleo + Whole30 seafood stir fry is a flavorful, quick and easy meal. It's perfect for a weeknight dinner or anytime you want to eat more seafood!
- 2 tbsp ghee (or grass-fed butter if not Whole30)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound white fish, cut into bite-sized cubed (cod, snapper, etc)
- 1 onion, sliced into thin strips
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 6 ribs celery, thinly-sliced on a diagonal
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp clam juice (can sub 1 tbsp fish sauce)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 batch Cajun seasoning (see recipe below for homemade seasoning blend)
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch
- green onions, sliced
- red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
Prep fish and shrimp as noted. Prep onion, broccoli, celery and garlic as noted, and make sauce.
Whisk clam juice, coconut aminos, cajun seasoning and arrowroot starch. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add ghee. Once the ghee is melted, add shrimp and fish to the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the seafood is cooked. Remove and place on a plate.
Now, add the onion, broccoli and celery to the skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the vegetables soften a bit.
Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
Add sauce and stir to mix.
Add seafood back into the skillet and toss to mix.
Serve topped with optional items.