Instant Pot Jambalaya (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
This Paleo, Whole30 + Keto Instant Pot Jambalaya is a new cajun inspired meal, cleaned up with lower carb cauliflower rice and Whole30 compliant sausage!
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained (14.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, riced (about 6 cups cauli rice)
- 12 oz andouille (or other pre-cooked) sausage, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices (about 4 large links) See blog post for some W30 compliant options
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- diced green onion or parsley (optional topping)
For the seasoning:
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp sea salt omit if using a salty chicken broth and just taste and add salt at the end
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
First, prep all ingredients as noted. Prepare seasoning mix by add all of the seasonings to a small bowl and mixing well.
Press the sauté button on the instant pot and add ghee. Once hot, add in the chicken pieces, onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is mostly cooked through and the onions and peppers start to soften, about 7-8 minutes. Press cancel on the instant pot.
Add the chicken stock and scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
Add all of the remaining ingredients to the instant pot. Pour the seasoning mix over everything and give it a quick stir with a spoon.
Secure the lid on the instant pot and close the pressure valve. Press the "manual" button (or "pressure cook" button) and set the time to cook for 3 minutes at high pressure. Once the time is up, let the pressure naturally release for 15 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
Remove the lid from the instant pot. Give the contents a stir to mix. Taste and season with any additional salt and pepper as desired. Ladle into bowls for serving. Top with optional garnish if desired and enjoy.
Nutrition facts are an estimate provided for those following a Ketogenic or low-carb diet. See our full nutrition information disclosure here.
Calories: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Fiber: 2g