Guess what? We have another one-pan recipe to share with you today! These are our favorite because we know our readers are busy just like us but still want to make healthy, flavorful and easy meals to put on the table for dinner each night. One-pan meals are perfect for doing just that and have the added bonus of an easy clean up after you finish eating.
The flavors of this dish are so perfectly balanced, no one will ever know that you made this chicken and artichoke with capers easily with only about 10 minutes of active cooking time. Shhhhhh – you don’t have to tell anyone either.
We decided to go with boneless thighs for this recipe for the extra flavor and ability to cut them up to mix with the rest of the ingredients. We found that if you cut the chicken up, you could get the perfect mouthful with all of the ingredients on your fork. Delicious! It’s a bite full of rich chicken thighs, some salty capers, tangy artichokes, onions, garlic and mushrooms.
Go ahead and try out this unique one pan chicken with artichoke and capers the next time you are looking for a quick meal that will surprise the whole family with some amazing flavor!
If you make this dish, we’d love to hear what you think about it. Leave a comment and rating below and don’t forget to take a picture and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can find it!
Chicken with Artichoke and Capers (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- 1.5 lb organic chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1.5 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, rough ends removed and chopped into pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/3 cup capers
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add in the avocado oil and let the pan heat up.
- While the pan is heating, season the chicken thighs on each side with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder and dried parsley.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the chicken to the skillet to cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop up all of the other ingredients to get them ready to add to the skillet.
- Once the chicken has browned on each side, toss in all of the other ingredients except the lemon and mix together in the skillet.
- Top the chicken with the sliced lemon.
- Carefully transfer the pan into the oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool 5 minutes before serving.