Simple, healthy meals are a must at our house. Already in just the first couple weeks of Fall it’s like our schedules are on overdrive! This Paleo + Whole30 Korean beef bowl is on the table in under 30 minutes and is a family-friendly meal. This Korean beef bowl is gluten-free and dairy-free, and the leftovers make great lunches, too!
Quick + Easy
Pretty much all year long, but especially when life gets busy, quick and easy meals are our favorite! We love cooking and spending time in the kitchen together, but we also love having dinner ready in under 30 minutes! I mean, who doesn’t?! Justin is coaching a boy’s flag football team this Fall and I am heading back to teaching barre classes, which means 3 evenings out of the week will involve activities that take us away from our home. While it’s fun, it can also be tiring some weeks and makes getting dinner on the table quickly a priority! This Korean beef bowl is great because you likely have all the ingredients on hand already or will only need to grab a couple of things at the store, and you’ll have it all ready to go in about 25 minutes!
Grass-Fed Ground Beef
We love cooking with grass-fed ground beef mostly because it’s easy and it always tastes great! It’s also really versatile. You can make something like this Korean beef bowl or you can make patties/burgers or meatballs, etc. Then, switch up the seasonings, veggies and sauces, and it takes on a different flavor every time! What are some of your favorite ways to cook with ground beef?
Make It A Bowl
Have you caught onto my favorite way to eat yet?? Bowl meals! They rock my world. I used to like all of my food separate when I was younger, like nothing touching anything else. I’d eat each thing separately. I was doing it soooo wrong! These days, I love making bowl meals and mixing everything up so that I get a little of all the flavors in every bite! It’s so much more satisfying, and of course my favorite way to top a bowl is with a yummy sauce. The sauce on this bowl is optional, but I highly recommend adding it! It’s only 2 ingredients and extra tasty!
More Quick + Easy Bowls To Try
Your Turn To Try Our Korean Beef Bowl
Fall seems to be one the busiest times of the year as everyone shifts back into a routine and schedule again. Make life easier by adding this Korean beef bowl to your meal plan! Your family will enjoy it, and you’ll really enjoy how quick and easy it is to make! Leave a comment below to let us know it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram! Tag us @realsimplegood, and give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Korean Beef Bowl (Paleo + Whole30)
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and grated on a microplane
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 cups cauliflower rice (can sub white rice if you're not doing Whole30)
- 6 cups greens of choice (chopped romaine, arugula, spinach)
- Start by preparing rice to have it ready. If serving with cauliflower rice, wait until the beef is almost done as it only takes a few minutes to cook.
- Dice shallot and grate ginger to have it ready.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add sesame oil. Once hot, add in ground beef. Break the beef up into small bits.
- Add the shallot, ginger, red pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and mix with the beef. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the meat is browned and developing some crispy bits, about 8 minutes.
- Add the coconut aminos and fish sauce and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- If you are making the optional sauce, mix the mayo and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Serve beef in a bowl over a bed of greens with rice or cauliflower rice. Top with optional sauce and enjoy.