Why you’ll love this easy recipe for pulled pork in the oven
- Easy prep and only 8 total ingredients! No searing is needed, just season the pork shoulder and cook it low and slow in the dutch oven.
- The simple, 5-ingredient pulled pork seasoning packs amazing flavor in a small package.
- Use this versatile shaved pulled pork for anything! Tacos, pulled pork sandwiches, healthy bowls, soups – whatever you want.
- You’ll get a big batch of juicy, shredded pulled pork with about 10 minutes of hands-on prep and cook time. Perfect for some easy meal prep!
Related ->> Marinated Instant Pot Mojo Pulled Pork
How to make dutch oven pulled pork (step-by-step)
Recipe tips from an expert home chef
- You do not need to sear the pork before putting it in the oven. Many recipes will have this step but trust me, I have personally tried both ways and the end result comes out the same. Trust me and save yourself some prep time :).
- Use all of the pulled pork seasoning. It may seem like a lot, but in the end, it will mix together with the shredded pork and leftover juices to perfectly flavor the pulled pork.
- Instead of apple juice, you can substitute another liquid of your choice. Good options are broth (chicken, beef, or vegetable), beer, or soda.
- If you like your pulled pork with BBQ sauce, just add it in at the end after shredding the pork.
- This recipe is meal-prep and freezer friendly. It will last for about a week in the fridge or several months in the freezer. Just reheat in a pan on the stove or in the microwave or oven.
Versatile ways to serve this easy pulled pork
Our favorite thing about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can make a big batch on the weekend and eat it all week and never get tired of it! Here are some ideas:
- Pulled pork tacos (use corn, lettuce, or grain-free tortillas)
- Stuffed in a baked potato or sweet potato
- Pulled pork sandwiches with BBQ sauce
- With some fresh chopped veggies for a quick stir-fry
- Use it to make some leftover pulled pork hash for breakfast
- Make it a bowl or salad with some greens, avocado, and pan fried plantains
- It pairs perfectly with this rich and creamy coleslaw
- With some wilted greens and topped with a dollop of chipotle aioli
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our delicious pork recipes to find some other favorites too!
10-Minute Prep Dutch Oven Pulled Pork (Juicy & Tender!)
- 4 lb boneless pork shoulder, (aka boston butt)
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard, (wet mustard)
- 1.5 cups apple juice, (can sub broth or any other liquid like beer or soda)
- Dutch oven
- Adjust oven racks to accommodate your dutch oven if necessary. Preheat oven to 300° Fahrenheit.
- Make the pulled pork seasoning by combining all of the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and mixing.
- Remove the pork shoulder from any packaging. Slather the pork all over with the yellow mustard.
- Next, season the pork all over with the seasoning mixture. You should get a good amount of seasoning all over every part of the pork shoulder surface. It may seem like a lot, but the seasoning will mix up with all the shredded pork in the end.
- Pour the apple juice in the dutch oven around the pork. Place the lid on the dutch oven.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 5 hours (1.25 hours per pound of pork you're cooking). The pork should be very tender and easily shred with a fork.
- Once the pork is done, carefully remove it from the oven and shred it with 2 forks. Mix the pork with the juices left over in the dutch oven. Serve and enjoy.