The weather is getting nicer outside, and as the temperatures rise, it is good to have some snacks on hand to keep you fueled. These berry granola parfaits can be a snack or a light dessert. Who am I kidding, they could probably be a breakfast, too! Yep, that is how I roll sometimes. Dessert-like breakfasts.
One of my favorite things about these berry granola parfaits is that they are dairy-free. I used to enjoy regular yogurt prior to going paleo as a mid-morning snack or evening treat. Once I removed dairy from diet though I kind of missed the creaminess of yogurt. I never really thought to try and make something similar until recently when I started adding collagen and gelatin to my daily routine. I’ve been having some stomach issues and have started trying to do gut friendly things, like drinking bone broth and incorporating collagen and gelatin into my routine. As part of that, I stumbled upon this creation that reminds me a little of yogurt. It is creamy, a little tart with the berries, and who doesn’t love a little crunch?
I love that I can make a batch of these berry granola parfaits, and put them in the fridge to have on hand for snacks. It’s easy too because all you have to do is whip them up in the blender and call it good, or you can get fancy like I have and add fresh berries and no-bake paleo granola. I also love that these will be something I can continue to make as the seasons change and incorporate whatever is fresh and local. You can start to imagine the pumpkin dreams of fall that are coming to mind.
Been missing dairy? Give these berry granola parfaits a try and let us know what you think by leaving a comment and rating below. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Berry Granola Parfaits (GF, Dairy-Free + Refined Sugar-Free)
For the creamy part:
For the no-bake paleo granola:
- 1 cup of nuts - chopped by hand or in your food processor (right now I'm crushing on pecans, cashews, almonds and pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded coconut - optional
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice (I'm digging cashew or almond butter for this recipe)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Fresh berries for topping
- Place all of the creamy part ingredients in your blender in the order listed above. Blend on medium-high until everything is creamy and smooth.
- Turn your blender off, and then pour/scoop your creamy berries into small mason jars or other glass container that you can seal and store in the fridge.
- To make your no-bake paleo granola, place your chopped nuts, nut butter, and sea salt in a small mixing bowl. Use a fork to mix it all around until the nut butter is evenly combined with the nuts. It will be a little chunky.
- Top your creamy berry mixture with your no-bake paleo granola and some fresh berries right on top.
- Cover and store your berry yogurt parfaits in the fridge for up to 5 days.