Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s made in just one bowl – easy clean up!
- This gluten free zucchini bread is moist, and not overly dense.
- Sweetened with coconut sugar and pure maple syrup – no refined sugar.
- You can add your favorite mix-ins and toppings or keep it simple.
- Perfect for meal prepping on-the-go breakfast and snacks.
How to make gluten free zucchini bread (step-by-step)
I love this recipe because I use just one bowl, so the clean up is easy! Here’s what you’ll do.
- Gluten Free Oat Flour – make sure it’s certified gluten free to avoid contamination. We like Bob’s Red Mill GF Oat Flour.
- Unsweetened nut milk – I prefer using homemade almond milk or cashew milk, but canned coconut milk also works well too.
Tips from an expert home chef
- Make sure you squeeze the extra liquid out of the shredded zucchini with paper towels before folding into the batter. You want your loaf moist, but not mushy. And it will last for longer on the counter this way, too.
- Cut your parchment paper into a strip that nearly matches the length of your bread pan so that you can easily pull the loaf out after it’s done baking.
- Allow the loaf to fully cool before slicing. It will fall apart if you slice too soon.
Some other favorite breads and muffins
These are some of my favorites that I make time and time again. They’re all gluten free and can be made vegan as well.
- One Bowl Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Healthy Gluten Free, Vegan Banana Muffins
- One Bowl Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- One Bowl Gluten Free Blackberry Muffins
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our delicious, healthy recipes to find some other favorites too!
Easy Gluten Free Zucchini Bread (Vegan, too!)
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk, (or light coconut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, excess liquid squeezed out
- 2/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, (or as a topping)
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit, and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, brown rice flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and spices.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients, except for the zucchini, and mix until evenly mixed and clumps are gone.
- Fold in the zucchini and any other optional mix-ins.
- Pour batter into lined loaf pan and transfer to the oven to bake for ~60 minutes, until a knife comes out clean in the center of the loaf.
- Once done, remove from oven and use the parchment paper to pull the loaf out of the pan, and place on a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing. Serve and enjoy. Store at room temperature on the counter in an airtight container for about 3 days, or in the fridge for longer.