Welp, the ice cream craving has struck again. This time cherries sounded great, so I went with it and made paleo cherry vanilla ice cream. Hopefully by now you’ve learned that making ice cream at home is a total breeze, and this recipe is still just as simple.
Start with our vanilla ice cream base and add cherries. Yep, it is nearly as simple as that. It’s a little tart, a little sweet, and all kinds of delicious!
If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment below and adding a rating. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram #realsimplegood so we can check it out!
Paleo Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk all of the ingredients except the cherries, until combined. Note: If you use chilled coconut milk it will reduce the cooking time.
- Place about a cup of the thawed cherries in a food processor or blender and mix until they're just barely chunky.
- Pour the ice cream base mixture into your ice cream maker and churn per the manufacturer's instructions.
- Then, as the ice cream starts to churn, pour the chunky cherries into your ice cream maker.
- Once the ice cream reaches a soft serve like consistency turn off the ice cream maker and scoop into bowls.
- Top your ice cream with the more whole cherries and their juice from having thawed.
- Eat up! It's a little sweet, a little tart, and a lot delicious!