When we lived in Portland, and I when I first went Paleo, I found myself eating at a restaurant with Paleo-friendly menu options located near my work quite a bit. Dick’s Kitchen is in NW Portland on 21st, and not only was it super convenient, but also super easy to find something I could eat. And…they also have dessert options that are Paleo-friendly, so that basically sealed the deal and made me a regular customer! This kale caesar burger bowl was inspired by an item on their menu!
Paleo Caesar Dressing
If you look at the labels for store-bought dressings, you will quickly notice it is a rarity to find one that is clean. Since going Paleo, I’ve found that making your own salad dressing is not only easy, but way more delicious than store-bought! The caesar dressing in this kale caesar burger bowl has quickly become a favorite! We made a traditional caesar salad (sans croutons) to take to our holiday festivities, and it was quickly gobbled up! Everyone loves the dressing!
Simple + Perfect For Everyday
This kale caesar burger bowl is super simple, and I wouldn’t say it is fancy by any means, but it sure is delicious. I could eat it everyday! You can also easily make some quick adds to switch it up from time to time. My favorites are adding a hard-boiled egg or fried egg. I also enjoy adding bacon and tomatoes sometimes as well. The parmesan cheese on top is totally optional, too.
Your Turn To Make Our Kale Caesar Burger Bowl
Make this kale caesar burger bowl for a simple and satisfying meal anytime of the day! Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Kale Caesar Burger Bowl (Paleo, GF + Whole30)
- 8 cups kale, chopped
- 2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup pastured parmesan cheese, (optional – omit for Whole30)
- Start by chopping your kale and set aside.
- Make caesar dressing. Place all of the ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor and blend until everything is combined. While the food processor is still running, stream in olive oil until smooth and creamy. Pour 1/2 cup dressing over kale and toss to coat kale. Set aside. You will have leftover caesar dressing.
- Form ground beef into four evenly sized patties. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add avocado oil. Once hot, place burgers in pan and cook 5-6 minutes each side for medium burgers.
- Once burgers are done, plate with a base of kale, the burger on top and parmesan cheese as an optional topping.