A creamy and delicious homemade mayo made with avocado oil so it’s Whole30 and Paleo friendly. Only 5 ingredients and no added sugars so it’s a low-carb and Keto mayo too!
How to make Keto + Whole30 Mayonnaise
This recipe is really so easy, you won’t believe it! Here’s all you need:
- Equipment – An immersion blender or high-powered blender (you can save 20% off Blendtec purchases with our discount code RSG20).
- Avocado oil – Our preferred oil because it is healthy and light-tasting.
- Eggs – Preferably organic pasteurized eggs. Quality matters here.
- Sea salt – I recommend starting with 1/2 tsp and adjusting up to taste.
- Mustard powder – Easily found at most stores.
- Lemon juice – Fresh squeezed is best.
That’s it, a 5-ingredient mayo that’s way better than store-bought. Just add everything to a jar and slowly process it with your immersion blender.
Tips for making homemade Keto mayonnaise
This truly is a 5-minute, no fail recipe. If you follow the instructions, you’ll get a thick and creamy mayo every time. Here are a few additional tips to help you out:
Immersion blender tips:
- Use a jar or container that is only a tiny bit bigger than the immersion blender. This will help the blender emulsify the oil quickly. I highly recommend using a pint jar if you have one.
- Start with the immersion blender at the bottom of the jar and don’t move it until you see the bottom turning white and looking like mayo. See the picture below.
Regular blender tips:
- Add all of the ingredients except for the oil to the blender.
- Measure out the oil and have it ready to pour.
- Start the blender. While the blender is running, slowly pour in the avocado oil.
PRO TIP: When using a regular blender, slowly pour in the avocado oil while the blender is running to help it emulsify and thicken.
Some other Whole30 sauces
We love making homemade sauces! They are an easy way to jazz up any Whole30 or Keto meal. Here are a few of our favorites:
- HEALTHY BIG MAC SAUCE (KETO + WHOLE30)
- CHIPOTLE AIOLI (KETO + WHOLE30)
- 5 MINUTE ROASTED PEPPER SAUCE (WHOLE30)
- 6 EASY WHOLE30 SAUCES (MAYO-FREE)
Your turn to try this easy homemade avocado oil mayo
Grab your immersion blender or regular blender and whip up a quick batch of this creamy and delicious homemade mayonnaise. We know you’ll love the flavor and be surprised by how quick and easy this recipe is.
If you make it, leave a comment and rating below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood so we can check it out, we love to see what you’re cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Whole30 + Keto Avocado Oil Mayo
- Place all of the mayo ingredients in a pint jar or 2 cup pyrex measuring cup. You want a container just wide enough for your immersion blender and this recipe was created specifically to fit a wide mouth pint jar.
- Place the immersion blender at the bottom of the container. Start blending while holding the blender at the bottom. Don’t move the blender from the bottom until the mayo begins to emulsify and thicken. Once it starts to thicken, slowly move the immersion blender to the top until all of the oil is completely mixed in.
- Taste and season with additional salt, as desired. I ended up using exactly 1 tsp of sea salt. If you add more salt, be sure to blend the mayo again.
- Refrigerate immediately and use within two weeks.