Heading back into the fall is always a good time to remember that simple is best, in cooking and life, and this simple steak salad is proof! There are just a handful of ingredients, with nothing flashy or obscure. Get ready to make a simple, nourishing, and delicious dish!
Getting Back Into the Swing Of Things
I have always loved fall; there are just so many things to like. I love the weather and those cooler, crisp days with bright sunshine. I love pulling out my cardigans, scarves, and boots. Ok, I know…you’re thinking “Erica, you wear cardigans all year long!” It’s true. I am a cardigan lover all year long, but I love fall and winter cardigans that are thicker and carry more texture and weight. Just writing about it makes me giddy! I also love getting back into a solid routine with the start of fall just around the corner. It means getting into regular meal planning again, and simple recipes like this one make life so much easier.
To Skirt Steak, Or Not
I think my favorite cut of steak has traditionally been a flank steak. I love a thinner cut, and Justin does a great job of cooking it to the perfect doneness. However, over the past summer I really started to love skirt steak. It is another thinner cut, even more so than my beloved flank steak, and it so tasty. It has just the right amount of fat to give the steak a little extra buttery taste, but not too much. Are you already a fan of skirt steak? I feel it is often underutilized and appreciated, and it is totally worth your time to give it a try! Plus, it will save you a couple bucks compared to a flank steak too!
30 Minute Paleo Meals
Have you checked out our new eCookbook 30 Minute Paleo Meals yet?? If not, what are you waiting for? Here’s a preview of what’s in the cookbook:
- 30 quick and easy Paleo recipes that can be made in 30 minutes or less and have 7 ingredients or less
- Easy to follow recipes with basic ingredients you can find at most stores
- Each recipe is designed to be an entire meal (not just a featured chicken or fish recipe)
- A variety of main dishes including chicken, beef, pork, seafood, and breakfast recipes
- Full-color photos of each recipe on every page for inspiration
- A linked table of contents so you can jump directly to any recipe
- A print-friendly version of each recipe without the photo
Your Turn To Make This Simple Steak Salad
Fall is almost here guys! Make this simple steak salad for an easy, nutritious and delicious lunch or dinner as you get back into a routine. Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Simple Steak Salad (Paleo, Whole30 + Dairy-Free)
- 2 lbs skirt steak, (or sub flank steak)
- 6 heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 8 cups arugula
- 1 red onion, sliced into small pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and season steak with salt and pepper on both sides. You may have to use two skillets or cut steak to size and cook in batches. Once hot, place steak in skillet to cook, about 3-4 minutes per side depending on steak thickness and cooking preference.
- While the steak is cooking, cut up tomatoes and onion.
- Once steak is done, place on a cutting board to rest for a few minutes before slicing. Slice steak into small strips against the grain.
- Prepare salad by adding sliced tomatoes and arugula to a plate. Top with sliced steak and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper if desired.