A tangy and savory homemade sauce, this chipotle aioli is ready in just 5 minutes using a jar and immersion blender (or regular blender). A seriously addicting sauce, you’ll find yourself putting it on just about everything!
Easy-to-make chipotle aioli
I’ll admit, until I tested this recipe, I was a little intimidated by making a homemade aioli or homemade mayonnaise. I was never quite sure how to get the oil to emulsify and thicken up and was worried that I’d just waste a bunch of perfectly good avocado oil.
I’m happy to say that all of my worries were for nothing. Using an immersion blender, creating this creamy sauce takes pretty much zero effort.
Or, if you don’t have an immersion blender a regular blender will work also. We’ve provided instructions for that in the notes section of the recipe.
Looking for more? Check out this post for 10 Essential Keto Sauces.
Tips for making homemade aioli
Although making this chipotle aioli sauce is super easy, there are a couple of key tips to follow to ensure success.
If using an immersion blender:
- Use a container or jar that is just slightly wider than your immersion blender. This recipe was designed specifically for a pint jar or a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup. The ingredients and the immersion blender will just barely fit in – that’s exactly what you want.
- When you start blending with the immersion blender, hold it at the bottom until the sauce turns thick and creamy. You’ll see it change color and texture. After the bottom of the jar turns creamy, slowly move the blender up to the top of the jar. Plunge the blender slowly up and down a couple of times and that’s it.
If using a regular blender:
- Start by adding all of the ingredients except the avocado oil to the blender.
- Measure out the avocado oil and have it ready to pour.
- Start the blender on a medium speed setting and slowly pour the avocado oil into the blender. You want the oil pour to be a very slow stream, just slightly more than a drip.
- Slowly pour all of the oil in with the blender running and it will emulsify and thicken as you pour the oil in.
Why make your own sauces?
We love making our own seasonings and sauces at home. They usually only take a few minutes to throw together and are cheaper and better tasting than most store bought blends or sauces.
Not to mention, you control the ingredients so you don’t have to worry about sugar and other common ingredients being added in. You can easily fit your diet and keep things gluten-free, keto or Whole30. Check out these posts for some more ideas:
Your turn to make this delicious sauce
Don’t be afraid of this recipe, have some fun in the kitchen and make your own chipotle aioli sauce. Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out! And make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. Let’s stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
5-Minute Homemade Chipotle Aioli
- Place all of the sauce ingredients in a pint jar or 2 cup pyrex measuring cup. You want a container just wide enough for your immersion blender and this recipe was created specifically to fit a wide mouth pint jar.
- Place the immersion blender at the bottom of the container. Start blending while holding the blender at the bottom. Don’t move the blender from the bottom until the sauce begins to emulsify and thicken. Once it starts to thicken, slowly move the immersion blender to the top until all of the oil is completely mixed in. It should result in a thick, mayo-like sauce.
- Refrigerate immediately and use within two weeks.