Pizza night at our house is one of our favorite nights! We are always playing with new homemade pizza dough recipes, adding different toppings and getting adventurous with sauces. This gluten free and dairy free Hawaiian pizza recipe is a new favorite. It’s simple, yet boasts tons of flavor! Plus, we kept it completely Paleo friendly, so the whole family can enjoy!
Disclaimer: We partnered with Jones Dairy Farm to bring you this post. We only work with companies and brands we truly believe in and use ourselves. Therefore, all opinions and recipes are entirely our own. Thank you for supporting The Real Simple Good Life and our partners.
Where do you find Paleo friendly Canadian Bacon and Pineapple?
We teamed up with Jones Dairy Farm to share more about their Paleo friendly Canadian bacon! Their No Antibiotics Ever Canadian Bacon is our go-to for recipes like this Hawaiian pizza, and all the yummy breakfast recipes, too. It is made with vegetarian-fed, antibiotic-free pork, it delivers 10 grams of lean protein and is 97% fat free, uncured, sugar free and Certified Gluten-Free. It’s also cherrywood smoked with real chips for a satisfying, all-natural flavor without any additives. So, whether you’re making this pizza recipe or just need a little Canadian bacon in your life, visit the Jones Dairy Farm product locator to find a store near you!
As for Paleo friendly pineapple slices, just double check the ingredients to make sure there is no added sugar. You want the pineapple slices to be canned in 100% pineapple juice. Canned goods are a place where sugar is often added (sneaky trick!), so do your diligence, and take a look at the ingredients to be sure.
Making gluten free pizza dough at home
If you’ve never tried making your own pizza dough at home, you should! It’s really not too hard and doesn’t take too long either, just about 5 minutes to prep and then you pop it in the oven for 15 minutes to bake before adding toppings. Finish it in the oven for another 12-15 minutes with the toppings on, and then slice it up and serve! We often use the gluten free crust in this recipe. You can also use a store bought crust to save some time. Just check the ingredients to make sure it’s Paleo friendly.
Making a satisfying dairy free sauce
This Hawaiian pizza recipe has the most satisfying dairy free sauce that’s drizzled on top! We chose to use marinara as the base sauce, but omitted cheese to keep it Paleo friendly and dairy free. Instead, we made a creamy, cashew sauce. And the best part…you don’t have to soak the cashews overnight. We specifically designed that part of the recipe so you don’t have to because we always forget and figure you do, too! The sauce is velvety, garlicky and “cheesy” and you’re going to be putting the leftovers on all the things! The sauce combined with the Canadian bacon and pineapple makes the best savory, sweet combo.
Some other gluten free pizza like recipes to try
- PALEO PIZZA RECIPE (GF, GRAIN-FREE + DAIRY-OPTIONAL)
- MEATZA – LOW CARB PIZZA RECIPE (PALEO + KETO)
- PIZZA STUFFED SWEET POTATOES (PALEO, WHOLE30 + GF)
- SPAGHETTI PIZZA CASSEROLE (PALEO + WHOLE30)
Try our gluten free and dairy free Hawaiian pizza!
Make it a pizza night in with this Hawaiian pizza recipe! It’s Paleo friendly and made with quality, real food ingredients. Keep us posted on how it goes by leaving a comment and rating below. We’d love to hear from you! Also, take a pic and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood. We can’t wait to check it out, and make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. Let’s stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Gluten-Free + Dairy-Free Hawaiian Pizza Recipe
For the pizza:
- 1 paleo friendly pizza crust (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 package Jones Dairy Farm No Antibiotics Ever Canadian Bacon
- 1 can no sugar added pineapple slices (15 oz can, but you won't use it all)
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup creamy cashew sauce (see recipe below)
- Prepare pizza crust per instructions in our homemade crust recipe. You can also use a pre-made pizza crust or a pre-made mix. If you use a pre-made option, just follow the cooking instructions on the box.
- Increase oven temperature to 400° Fahrenheit. Top pizza crust with marinara sauce, Canadian bacon, pineapple and olives. Return to oven and bake for another 12-15 minutes, until the edges of the crust begin to turn golden brown.
- While the pizza is cooking, make sauce. Place all of the sauce ingredients in the order listed above in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- With 5 minutes left to cook, remove from oven, drizzle sauce on top, and return to the oven.
- Once done, remove from oven, slice and enjoy! You'll have extra sauce, so you can use as much or as little as you like on top of the pizza and you can even dip your pizza in it as you eat. Otherwise, just use the leftovers as a sauce on just about anything else.