We have been loving adding more fish into our own meal planning at home! It’s really actually made weeknight dinners easier, which I think everyone can get on board with! This Pan Seared Cod with Garlicky Bacon Brussels Sprouts is not only delicious, but also super simple to prepare!
**Disclosure: Fish Fixe sent us product to use in this recipe. All opinions are our own.**
Eat More Fish
Originally, we wanted to add more fish to our lifestyle for the health benefits. Fish is a great source of omega 3’s, vitamins and minerals. And it’s all packed into one protein, which makes it easy to get a lot of essential things in a single meal. We like pairing our fish lots of greens and veggies.
The Best Part
While we started incorporating more fish for the health benefits, an unexpected side effect was that it is actually SUPER easy to cook fish! Like way simpler and faster than many other things! What a pleasant surprise for us! Often the work week is pretty busy and sometimes the last thing we want to do is spend a ton of time in the kitchen to make dinner. We kind of just want it to magically appear on the table some nights. Adding in fish, we’ve been able to make healthy, satisfying meals that are ready in 30 minutes or less…sometimes even like 20-25 minutes tops! Even including a tasty side like these garlicky bacon brussels sprouts!
Our Favorite Fish Partner
We’ve found that having our freezer filled with perfectly portioned seafood has made adding it in every week a no-brainer. Our friends over at Fish Fixe have kept our freezer stocked and inspired us to get creative and have fun with fish! We love Fish Fixe for many reasons, but mostly because they deliver seafood that has No Antibiotics, No GMO’s, No Chemicals, and is Sustainably Sourced. And to top it all off, they have really amazing customer service! They’re just good people, like the kind you’d want to be friends with and invite to your own table!
More About Fish Fixe
Fish Fixe is a family owned fish delivery service that delivers perfectly portioned, premium seafood proteins that your family can thrive on. It’s a great way to aid in your meal prep and add more nutrient dense foods to your weekly routine. Fish Fixe hand-selects premium, nutrient dense proteins, portions them to make meal-prep easy, blast freezes the portions to seal in the “off the boat” freshness and deliver them to your door. All of our fish has been quick to thaw, easy to prepare and high quality. Seafood can be tricky, but we love relying on the quality of Fish Fixe.
We’ve partnered with Fish Fixe to bring you a special discount – use the discount code REALSIMPLEGOOD at checkout to receive $10 off your first box! You can get their regular box filled with an assortment of seafood, or you can also customize your box to contain exactly what you prefer! If you’re looking to up your intake of healthy fats and seafood like us this year, make sure you check out Fish Fixe! And we’ll have you covered with lots of fish recipes to make it fun and easy!
Some Of Our Favorite Seafood Recipes
Your Turn To Try Our Pan Seared Cod With Garlicky Bacon Brussels Sprouts
Add more seafood to your week, and try this Pan Seared Cod. You’ll love how quick and easy it is make and how perfectly it pairs with the garlicky bacon brussels sprouts. Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Pan Seared Cod With Garlicky Bacon Brussels Sprouts (Paleo + Whole30)
For the brussels sprouts:
- 1.5 lbs brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 5 pieces bacon, diced into small bits
- 2 tsp garlic, minced, (about 4 cloves)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
For the fish:
- 4 fillets flaky white fish, (Make sure fillets are evenly sized.)
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee, (ghee for Whole30 or coconut oil for dairy free)
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Prep brussels sprouts, bacon and garlic as noted. Spread out brussels on a baking sheet. Crumble bacon over the top and season the whole pan with the minced garlic and ground pepper. Place in the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- While the brussels are roasting, prep fish. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- When the brussels have about 10 minutes left, place butter or ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add fish to sear. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until the bottom gets a golden brown sear. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the fish is flaky. Cooking time will depend on the size of the fillets and how thick they are.
- When brussels and fish are done, plate and serve! We added a little extra greenery under our fish.