This easy lemon chicken is such a quick dinner and the perfect Whole30 one pan meal! Simple ingredients sometimes make the best meals and this recipe proves that. Deliciously seasoned lemon chicken paired with some roasted veggies – here’s your new go-to easy weeknight dinner!
Not only is this easy lemon chicken light, refreshing and tasty, it also so quick to prep. All you do it zest a lemon and prep the brussels and cauliflower. Make a quick paste and season the chicken. You can use a sheet pan or an oven safe skillet. We like to sear the chicken on the stove to lock in the juices before transferring to the oven to bake. You’d be surprised how much more tender and juicy your chicken breast comes out!
There’s nothing super crazy when it comes to the ingredients for this easy lemon chicken. We used simple seasonings and herbs, lemon, veggies and chicken breast. The result is an herby, citrusy dish that the whole family will enjoy. You can even customize the veggies to fit your family’s preferences if brussels and cauliflower aren’t your jam. You’ll just want to choose veggies that cook in about the same amount of time.
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
We are big fans of Redmond Real Salt, so when they came out with their grinder seasonings we were excited to give them a try. They have a Real Salt – Lemon Pepper Grinder that we used for this easy lemon chicken recipe, and they also have a Real Salt – Garlic Pepper Grinder. Both are made with the best sea salt, mined in Redmond, Utah. They are organic, made with no fillers and have great flavor! We’ve enjoyed their grinders to season vegetables for roasting, both the Real Salt – Lemon Pepper Grinder and Real Salt – Garlic Pepper Grinder, and we used the Real Salt – Garlic Pepper Grinder to season a roast that we cooked in our slow cooker. It came out tender, juicy and flavorful. You can save 20% off your next order with Redmond Real Salt by using the discount code realsimplegood20 at checkout!
Some Other One Pan Meals To Try
Your Turn To Try Our Easy Lemon Chicken
Go ahead and plan to make this easy lemon chicken for an easy to make and easy to clean up dinner! Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, and give us a follow if you don’t already! We’d love to stay connected!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy Lemon Chicken (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
For the paste:
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Zest lemon and prep brussels sprouts and cauliflower as noted.
- Make paste by combining lemon juice, lemon zest, avocado oil, sage, lemon pepper seasoning, pepper and garlic powder in a small bowl and mix. Rub over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat and add in 1 tbsp of oil. Once hot, add the chicken in and sear for 5-6 minutes without disturbing. Flip the chicken over and sear for another 5-6 minutes and then remove from heat.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the brussels and cauliflower in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and season with Italian seasoning and pinch of sea salt. Stir to coat.
- Once the chicken is done, add the brussels and cauliflower over and around the chicken in the pan. Or, if you don't have room in the pan you can transfer the chicken to a sheet pan and add the veggies to the pan.
- Place the skillet (or sheet pan) in the oven and roast for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir the brussels and cauliflower halfway through.
- Carefully remove from the oven and serve.