Why you’ll love this recipe
- Only 5 minutes of active prep time and on the table in 35 minutes! And just 5 main ingredients plus oil and seasonings.
- Make it one pot – huge win for dishes and clean up!
- Perfect for a family-friendly dinner or meal prep. Just make it over the weekend to have on hand for the work week.
- Pairs well with your favorite sauces for a tasty bowl meal. And has a little different feel with different sauces, so it feels versatile.
Related –> Check out all of our favorite one pan recipes!
How to make ground chicken and rice with veggies (step-by-step)
- Rice – we opt for a long grain white rice, like Jasmine, because it cooks quickly. You can choose any rice you like, just adjust and cook until it is soft.
- Frozen vegetables – we like to use whatever frozen veggies we have one hand, which is often peas, carrots and broccoli or a Normandy mix with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.
Meal prep tips
If you’re making this for meal prep, follow these simple tips.
- Make this on Sunday to have in the fridge for the work week.
- Section it out into separate air tight containers in the fridge, so it’s all packed up and ready to go for lunches.
- Add a sauce to make it feel a little different if you’re eating it for lunch every day or for multiple dinners. We have a few favorites => Peanut Butter Chicken Noodles Sauce, Creamy Chipotle Aioli and 5-Minute Roasted Red Pepper Sauce.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our quick and easy recipes to find some other favorites too!
35-Minute Ground Chicken and Rice with Veggies
For the seasoning mix:
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Prep onion as noted and combine all of the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl or ramekin and set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet (use one with a cover) and once it's heated up and onion, ground chicken and seasoning mixture to the pan and break up into bits. Stir occasionally until browned, about 7-8 minutes.
- Once the chicken is browned, add uncooked rice, frozen veggies and broth to the pan. Stir to mix well and evenly distribute the rice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is fully cooked. Serve once rice is cooked and enjoy!