Can’t stop, won’t stop…with the Asian inspired recipes! This one is a fun one! We made these Paleo, Whole30 + Keto Szechuan noodles for an easy weeknight dinner with ground beef and fresh veggies. This 30 minute meal feels like takeout, but it is way healthier!
Simple, yet bold flavors
The sauce for these Szechuan noodles only has five ingredients and they’re nothing fancy. If you have a well stocked Paleo pantry, you’ll likely have everything you need on hand! I suspect that the only ingredient you may not have is rice vinegar, in which case you could substitute white vinegar or coconut vinegar if you have one of those on hand instead. The sauce paired with the veggies is perfect, and you can make it more or less spicy based on the amount of crushed red pepper you use.
One pan FTW
One pan is always a hit at our house. We spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so anything that can help minimize cleanup is welcomed around here. I mean, is there anywhere less cleanup isn’t the goal?? Just sayin. Seriously though, this simple recipe just builds one layer on top of the next in the pan. You can use a cast iron, wok or other large, deep sided pan.
Weeknight dinner or lunch meal prep
We love these Szechuan noodles for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. They only take about a 30 minutes to make, which makes busy weeknights a little easier. This Asian-inspired recipe would also make for good meal prep, too. It’s something I’d look forward to eating for lunch at work.
More Asian inspired recipes to try
Your turn to try our Szechuan noodles
Whether you’ve got a busy weeknight to plan for, are craving takeout or want to prep some lunches for the work week, make these Szechuan noodles! Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram, and tag us @realsimplegood. Make sure you give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Szechuan Noodles (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame seeds (plus more for topping)
- 1 tsp red curry paste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (plus more for topping)
For the rest:
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef (or sub chicken or pork)
- Sea salt and pepper
- 4 baby bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 4 green onions, sliced into 1 inch pieces (plus more for topping)
- 2-3 zucchini, spiralized into thick noodles
- Whisk sauce ingredients in a small bowl or jar and set aside. Prep garlic and onions as noted.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add sesame oil. Once hot, add onion and cook until it starts to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add ground beef, break up and cook, stirring occasionally until browned, about 7-8 minutes.
- While beef is cooking, prep bok choy and zucchini as noted.
- Once beef is done, add sauce, green onion, bok choy and zucchini to pan. Stir to coat everything in sauce and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes until noodles and bok choy begin to soften.
- Remove from heat and serve. Top with extra green onion, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes as desired.