4 reasons you’ll love this banana spinach smoothie
- All you need are 5 ingredients and 5 minutes…enough said!
- It’s loaded with vitamin C to support your immune system.
- Leafy greens, like spinach, help your colon and liver remove toxins.
- The flavor is bold and refreshing!
Related ->> Check out all of our healthy beverages and smoothies!
What you’ll need
You just need 5 simple ingredients to make this spinach banana smoothie, and if you’re already a smoothie maker you’ll probably have them all on hand!
- Liquids – you can choose the combo of liquids you use. My favorite is half orange juice and half water.
- Banana – the recipe calls for one banana, either fresh or frozen is fine.
- Fresh spinach – I prefer fresh over frozen for smoothies.
- Frozen pineapple
- Frozen mango
How to make a banana spinach smoothie
Seriously, it’s about as easy as it can be!
What kind of blender do I need?
You really need a high-powered blender, like a Blendtec or Vitamix, when you’re making smoothies, especially those with leafy greens like spinach.
Otherwise, you’re going to end up with LOTS of little green flecks in your smoothie…and your teeth. We have used both Blendtec and Vitamix and recommend them.
NOTE: The wider base jars do require you to use more liquids and make bigger portions – just something to keep in mind if you’re considering buying a new blender.
Some other favorite smoothie recipes
- Dairy-Free Coffee Smoothie
- Banana Almond Butter Smoothie
- Piña Colada Smoothie
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
Don’t forget to leave a quick star rating and review below, we read every comment and truly appreciate your feedback. Also, be sure to browse the rest of our healthy beverages and smoothies to find some other favorites too!
5-Ingredient Banana Spinach Smoothie
- 12 oz liquid, (orange juice, water, coconut water – I used half OJ and half water)
- 1 banana, (fresh or frozen)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 3/4 cup frozen mango
Optional topping ideas:
- hempseeds, (this is all I usually add if anything)
- chia seeds
- chopped nuts or nut butter
- raw honey
- High power blender
- Place all of the ingredients in your blender in the order listed above.
- Blend using the smoothie button on your blender, or start low and gradually increase the power until it's on high. Total blend time will be about 60-90 seconds.
- Pour into a jar or cup and enjoy! This will make 2 servings, and it keeps well in the fridge for about a day. Store any leftovers in fridge in an airtight container, and give it a good shake when you go to drink.
I had many of the ingredients on hand, only had to buy spinach. I followed the instructions exactly as printed and had great results. This smoothie needed no additions- it was perfectly delicious!
What a great review! So happy you enjoyed this one as much as me! Thanks so much for taking the time to come back and leave a review. Appreciate your support. 🙂