We love a creamy, dairy-free sauce, and we’ve really been loving adding salmon to our weekly meal plan for the good fats and other health benefits. And of course, we love bowl meals, so we created these Paleo and Whole30 creamy salmon sweet potato noodle bowls. They are dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free and have no added sugar. You will love the creamy sauce with the bacon and salmon, all on top of a bed of spinach and spiralized sweet potato noodles.
**Disclosure: Fish Fixe sent us product to use in this recipe. All opinions are our own.**
The Creamy Sauce
Are you wondering how we make a creamy sauce without the dairy? Well, it’s not too complicated really. We use full fat coconut milk to get that extra creamy goodness, and then we mask the coconut flavor with lots of onion and garlic. Paired with the salty bacon, it is a really tasty combo! Here’s a look at just the creamy noodles. Like a dream, right?
The Easiest Baked Salmon Ever
While a nice seared salmon is great, the truth is that I love to bake salmon because I prep and stick it in the oven and then don’t have to worry about it. I can go about finishing up the rest of dinner without having to really watch the salmon and get it just right. I really am a bit of a lazy cook, so the way we bake our salmon is my favorite because it tastes like I spent way more energy on it than I really did. Isn’t that the best anyway – eat like you slaved over it, but really it only took under 30 minutes?!
So here’s what I do – place salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet then season it with sea salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika and pepper. Transfer to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes. That’s it. Really! It comes out looking perfectly seared and tastes wonderful!
Seriously Start Eating More Fish
Originally, we wanted to add more fish to our lifestyle for the health benefits. Fish is a great source of omega 3’s, vitamins and minerals. And it’s all packed into one protein, which makes it easy to get a lot of essential things in a single meal. But really, what we’ve realized is that it is also SO EASY to make! It’s been such a time saver on busy weeknights.
Our Favorite Fish Partner
We LOVE the fish delivery company Fish Fixe and have decided to partner with them to help you reel in the health benefits of more fish in your diet. We’ve found that having our freezer filled with perfectly portioned seafood has made adding it in every week a no-brainer. Our friends over at Fish Fixe have kept our freezer stocked and inspired us to get creative and have fun with fish! We love Fish Fixe for many reasons, but mostly because they deliver seafood that has No Antibiotics, No GMO’s, No Chemicals, and is Sustainably Sourced. And to top it all off, they have really amazing customer service! They’re just good people, like the kind you’d want to be friends with and invite to your own table!
More About Fish Fixe
Fish Fixe is a family owned fish delivery service that delivers perfectly portioned, premium seafood proteins that your family can thrive on. It’s a great way to aid in your meal prep and add more nutrient dense foods to your weekly routine. Fish Fixe hand-selects premium, nutrient dense proteins, portions them to make meal-prep easy, blast freezes the portions to seal in the “off the boat” freshness and deliver them to your door. All of our fish has been quick to thaw, easy to prepare and high quality. Seafood can be tricky, but we love relying on the quality of Fish Fixe.
We’ve partnered with Fish Fixe to bring you a special discount – use the discount code REALSIMPLEGOOD at checkout to receive $10 off your first box! You can get their regular box filled with an assortment of seafood, or you can also customize your box to contain exactly what you prefer! If you’re looking to up your intake of healthy fats and seafood like us this year, make sure you check out Fish Fixe! And we’ll have you covered with lots of fish recipes to make it fun and easy!
Some Of Our Favorite Seafood Recipes
Your Turn To Try Our Creamy Salmon Sweet Potato Noodle Bowls
Start adding more fish to your diet and enjoy the health benefits and how easy it can be! Make these creamy salmon sweet potato noodle bowls, and let us know what you think by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Creamy Salmon Sweet Potato Noodle Bowls (Paleo + Whole30)
- 4 salmon fillets, (of about even size)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 6 pieces bacon, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, spiralized into noodles
- 3 cups greens, (spinach or kale)
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, dice bacon and spiralize sweet potatoes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook diced bacon until crispy. Once crispy, place on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- While bacon is cooking, place salmon fillets on baking sheet and season with the smoked paprika, garlic powder and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Place in the oven to bake for 15-20 until flaky with a fork. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your fillets.
- While the bacon is cooking, prep onion and garlic as noted above.
- Once bacon is done and on a plate, make the creamy sauce. Place onions in the same skillet you cooked the bacon in over medium heat. Cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Stir to combine everything. Turn heat to low and simmer until the salmon has about 5 minutes left.
- Heat back to medium, and add sweet potato noodles to the creamy sauce, cover and cook until they soften. Add spinach, and cook until it wilts. Add bacon and mix well.
- Once salmon is done, remove from oven and serve over the sweet potato mixture and spoon extra sauce over everything. Enjoy!