Paleo make ahead breakfasts, meals, snacks, pretty much everything we can possibly make ahead is our jam! We love making life easier by doing some meal prep and organizing ourselves. Sometimes it feels like so much of life ends up being out of our control, it’s nice to be able to make sure at least the small things go according to plan. This Paleo “PB” banana coconut milk chia pudding is not only super easy to make but also quite delicious!
Make Ahead + Gain Some Sanity
Seriously though. Does it ever feel like you have all these good intentions for eating well, exercising more, taking the dog on more walks, etc. but then you get to that moment and you’re too tired to follow through? Well, we hear you! Life is busy, crazy and sometimes all over the freaking place. That is why we make sure to meal plan each week and make a breakfast ahead of time. It’s the one thing that keeps our life on track during the busy work week. I actually don’t eat a traditional breakfast like Justin does first thing in the morning, but something like this “PB” banana coconut milk chia pudding makes a late morning or afternoon snack so easy for me. It is much easier to make a healthy, nourishing decision when the work is already done.
Try Different Nut Butters
We think cashew butter tastes the most like peanut butter, but this recipe is also great with other nut butters. Almond butter, sunflower seed butter (to keep it nut free) and hazelnut butter are some of our favorites. Jem Organics has some really delicious flavored nut butters that would be really amazing too!
Add Other Toppings
I always feel like the toppings are the best part with recipes like this “PB” banana coconut milk chia pudding. We’ve added some chopped nuts and raw honey on top, but you can really add whatever you have on hand that sounds good. Some ideas to try are more sliced bananas, raw cacao nibs for a little extra crunch, shredded coconut, berries, etc. What sounds good to you?
Some Other Make Ahead Breakfast Ideas To Try
Your Turn To Try Our “PB” Banana Coconut Milk Chia Pudding
Add some sanity back to your life by spending a little time over the weekend meal prepping a make ahead breakfast like this “PB” banana coconut milk chia pudding! Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
"PB&J" Coconut Milk Chia Pudding (Paleo)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup nut butter, (plus more for topping)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Raw honey, to taste for topping
- Chopped nuts, (optional topping)
- Spread banana evenly amongst two small glass jars and mash with a fork. Layer some nut butter on top, about a spoonful in each jar.
- In a separate larger bowl or jar, combine coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla and cinnamon. Whisk until the chia seeds are thoroughly mixed in. Let sit for a couple of minutes and whisk again. Continue until the chia seeds have no clumps left and have started to expand making the mixture thicker.
- Pour mixture into glass jars with mashed banana. Add another spoonful of nut butter to each jar and lightly mix into the chia layer. Cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Serve cold or heat up. Top with more nut butter, optional honey and chopped nuts or any other toppings you like. Enjoy!