Ready for an easy and healthy air fryer recipe? These crispy air fryer drumsticks are made with fresh drumsticks and a simple blend of seasonings. They require just 5 minutes of prep and in total you’ll be enjoying crispy skin and juicy chicken in 30 minutes.
Ingredients for air fryer chicken legs
It will just take a handful of simple ingredients to make these crispy chicken drumsticks. Here is what you’ll need.
- Chicken drumsticks – fresh, not frozen
- Avocado oil – or another cooking oil
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
How to make air fried chicken drumsticks
It’s super easy! Follow these steps, and you’ll have crispy, delicious drumsticks ready in 30 minutes!
- Preheat your air fryer if yours does
- Mix the seasonings in a small bowl
- Coat the drumsticks with avocado oil
- Rub seasoning all over drumsticks
- Place drumsticks in air fryer so they are in an even layer
- Cook for 10 minutes
- Flip and cook for another 10-15 minutes until chicken reaches 165° internally
What to serve air fryer drumsticks with
You’re probably wondering what side dish to serve with these drumsticks. Here are a few of our favorites.
Or, simply cut up and roast any veggies you have on hand!
Healthy Keto, low carb chicken drumsticks
If you’re following the Keto diet or trying to eat low carb with more healthy fats, these air fryer chicken drumsticks are for you! Drumsticks are the perfect Keto protein, as the dark meat has more fat than other parts of the chicken.
In addition, the fat helps to keep the chicken from drying out. You get perfectly crispy chicken skin with tender and juicy meat!
Your turn to try these air fryer chicken drumsticks
If you’ve been craving crispy chicken skin and just got a new air fryer, these chicken drumsticks are the perfect way to use your new air fryer! And if you’re a seasoned air fryer user, you’ll love these crispy chicken drumsticks, too!
Leave a comment below to let us know how it goes. And take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, so we can check it out! We love to see what you’re making.
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy, Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Preheat air fryer to 400° if required.
- Mix the salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder together in a small bowl.
- Lightly coat the chicken drumsticks with oil. Rub the seasoning mix all over the chicken to coat.
- Place drumsticks in air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165° internally.
- Once done, serve and enjoy!