An easy low-carb side dish, these simple roasted radishes are flavorful and delicious. Try them as a potato substitute and you will be surprised by the simple, subtle flavors of this recipe. Only a handful of ingredients and 5 minutes of prep for this Paleo, Whole30 + Keto side dish!
How to roast radishes
Roasting radishes is very simple, and this easy recipe is the perfect intro if you haven’t tried it before! It’s really as easy as 1,2,3:
- Clean and cut the radishes in half (try to get them into even sized pieces)
- Toss them with some cooking fat
- Sprinkle with seasonings and roast
How to prep the radishes
One of our main tips for prepping these roasted radishes is this – don’t throw out the greens! When you cut off the greens from the radishes, you can save them for use in a different recipe. Just wash them, pat dry and wrap in a paper towel for storage in the refrigerator. You can use radish greens in place of other leafy green vegetables in salads or other recipes.
How do I know when the radishes are done?
The best way to tell if radishes are fully cooked is to stick a fork in them! A fork should slide in easily, without much resistance. If the radishes feel hard and the fork won’t go in easily, cook them a little longer. Radishes cook similar to potatoes, so you are looking for them to be soft but not mushy or burnt.
Variations on this roasted radishes recipe
We liked the depth of flavor created by the smoked paprika and rosemary in this recipe. However, if you want some variety, you could completely switch the seasonings around to create some different flavors.
- Extra savory – add some diced onions and garlic to this recipe
- Italian – use some italian seasoning and a squeeze of lemon juice after roasting
- Mexican – toss with some chili powder and cumin
- Cheesy – top with some grated cheese if you eat dairy (or some nutritional yeast for strict Paleo + Whole30 compliance)
Some easy main dishes to go with these roasted radishes
Your turn to try these roasted radishes
Give this roasted radishes recipe a try if you are looking for a quick and easy low-carb side dish. Leave a comment below, and let us know how it goes! Also, take a pic to share on Instagram, and tag us @realsimplegood so we can see. Make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Simple Roasted Radishes (Paleo, Whole30 + Keto)
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Prep radishes as noted and place them on the pan. Drizzle with melted ghee and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle on rosemary, salt and smoked paprika and toss again. Spread radishes out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden and fork-tender.
- Taste and season with any additional salt and pepper as desired. Serve and enjoy.