Temperatures are heating up, and salads have been sounding so good. One of my favorite salads to make ahead of time and enjoy the leftovers for lunch is this Paleo Chinese chicken salad. It’s filled with plenty of veggies and easy crockpot chicken.
The Chicken – Keep It Simple
This Paleo Chinese chicken salad recipe has you make some simple crockpot chicken, which requires minimal effort. You could also use any leftover chicken or rotisserie style chicken, too. Whatever you have on hand and is easy is exactly what you should use!
The Veggies – Make It Colorful
One of my favorite things about this Paleo Chinese chicken salad is the combo of crunchy cabbage and celery with kale, carrots and green onions. It’s a simple, yet tasty combo, full of color and textures.
The Dressing – Add Some Flavor
Traditional Chinese chicken salads have a sugary dressing. We sweetened ours naturally with fresh squeezed orange juice. Then, we added in some olive oil for healthy fats in addition to dijon mustard, coconut aminos and rice wine vinegar. You could also use coconut vinegar or whatever other light vinegar you have on hand.
Some Other Salads You Might Like
We have some diverse salad options posted on the blog. Don’t have another boring salad, try some of these out! Also, be sure to check out our post about How to Build the Perfect Salad, which is full of more salad inspiration!
Your Turn To Try Our Paleo Chinese Chicken Salad
Make this tasty Paleo Chinese chicken salad to have the leftovers for lunch during the work week! It’s easy to make and a great way to use up leftover chicken if you have some on hand. Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below. Also, take a photo and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out!
LIKE THIS RECIPE? CLICK HERE TO PIN IT AND TRY IT LATER!
Paleo Chinese Chicken Salad
For the chicken:
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup bone broth
For the dressing:
For the salad:
- 1/2 head cabbage, purple or green (or a combo of the two)
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 3 carrots, grated
- 6 green onions, diced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Start by making the chicken in your crockpot or instant pot. Place the chicken in the bottom then season with salt and pepper. Add bone broth. Cook on low for 6 hours, on high for 3 hours or for 20 minutes in the instant pot on the manual setting. Once chicken is done, remove and shred with two forks. This can be done in advance or the day of.
- Make dressing by combining all of the dressing ingredients in a small jar or bowl. Whisk to combine everything.
- Prep cabbage, kale, celery, carrots, green onions and almonds as noted. Place all of the veggies and the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Toss to mix everything around.
- Add the dressing and toss to evenly coat everything. Top with slivered almonds, serve and enjoy!