One pan and sheet pan meals are some of our favorites for cutting down on dishes and simplifying cooking. This Paleo + Whole30 sheet pan sesame beef is a flavorful and easy weeknight dinner! The combination of cauliflower rice, broccoli and Asian-inspired sesame beef is just right!
Tips for ricing cauliflower and what to use in this sesame beef
Have you tried cooking cauliflower rice on a sheet pan yet? It’s super easy and quick, and we’ve got a couple tips for ricing your cauliflower. First of all, use fresh cauliflower for this recipe. Frozen will just turn soupy when you cook it on your sheet pan. Second, we like to rice our cauliflower in our food processor with the S blade. You might have to do it in batches, so you don’t over-process your cauliflower. Once processed, the consistency should be similar to a couscous, light and fluffy.
Cooking in layers or steps
In this sheet pan sesame beef recipe, you cook in layers, adding one thing on top the ingredients before it until the full meal is prepared. We do this so that each piece gets cooked to its optimal state. Start by marinading your beef, and then prep the rest of the ingredients.
Get the sheet pan cooking going next. You cook the broccoli first, since it takes a little longer to soften. Next, you add the cauliflower rice and beef. Once it’s all done, you’ve got a full sheet pan of food! Make sure you use a sheet pan with a lip around the edges, so the sauce from the beef doesn’t seep over the edge.
Other one pan recipes to try
Your turn to try our sheet pan sesame beef
The work week gets busy, and this sheet pan sesame beef is a great quick and easy weeknight dinner! Plus, it’s fun to switch up the way you cook sometimes! Leave a comment below, and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood, and make sure to give us a follow if you don’t already. Let’s stay connected!
Sheet Pan Sesame Beef (Paleo + Whole30)
- 1.5 lbs sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
For the sauce:
For the rest:
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 head cauliflower, riced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Slice steak into thin strips and place in a shallow bowl or dish.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small jar or bowl and pour over steak. Mix to coat steak and let marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- While steak is marinating, prep cauliflower and broccoli as noted.
- Place broccoli florets on sheet pan and drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove pan from oven and turn oven to broil. Add cauliflower rice to pan. Mix around and push the veggies to the right and left sides of the pan.
- Spread out steak between veggies in an even layer, and place in the oven to broil for 5-6 minutes or until steak is cooked to your liking. You may need to flip the steak pieces to cook on all sides.
- Once steak is done, remove from oven and serve in a bowl with cauli rice, broccoli, steak and top with more sesame seeds and red pepper flakes as desired.