Looking for a flavorful way to make a beef roast that you can just throw in your slow cooker and forget about? This Paleo and Whole30 slow cooker BBQ beef is easy to prep and oh so delicious thanks to a tangy and tantalising Whole30 compliant BBQ sauce! This will be your new favorite Paleo + Whole30 slow cooker beef roast recipe!
Slow And Low Does The Trick
While the Instant Pot is a convenient tool (and we provide Instant Pot instructions for this recipe in the notes below), there is something comforting about using the slow cooker. I love being able to throw a big beef roast in the slow cooker and let it cook all day. The slow cooker not only breaks down the roast into tender and fall apart pieces, it also fills your house with the delicious smells of BBQ beef. Can anyone else smell it right now?
An Easy Whole30 BBQ Sauce
I’ve tried a few variations of homemade BBQ sauce, and I think this one is the best yet! It has just a hint of sweetness from the coconut aminos and some savory and tangy notes from smoked paprika, mustard and vinegar. The best part is, making the sauce for this slow cooker BBQ beef is so simple and easy. Just whisk the ingredients together in a jar or bowl, no blending or processing required!
Eat It With Anything
We didn’t give you any details of what to serve this slow cooker BBQ beef with because there are so many easy options! That’s why we love this recipe, it’s such a flexible one that makes a big batch and can be served many ways. Some ideas:
- Stuffed in sweet (or regular potatoes)
- In a bowl over greens and cauli rice
- With eggs for breakfast
- With some coleslaw or potato salad
- Wrapped in lettuce or collard greens
- In a sandwich on some Paleo bread or a gluten-free bun (but not if you’re doing a Whole30)
Ok, I think you get it. You can make a big batch of this slow cooker BBQ beef and never get tired of it! Also, it freezes well so it’s a great recipe for meal prep.
Some Other Slow Cooker Recipes
Your Turn To Try This Slow Cooker BBQ Beef
Break out your slow cooker and set it and forget it with this slow cooker BBQ beef recipe! No one will believe that you made the delicious BBQ sauce yourself in under 5 minutes and that it’s Whole30 compliant. Leave a comment below and let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic and tag us on Instagram @realsimplegood, so we can check it out! Give us a follow if you don’t already. We’d love to stay connected!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef (Paleo + Whole30)
- Cut roast into 4 pieces and season each piece lightly with salt and pepper. Chop onion as noted and place it in the slow cooker.
- To make the BBQ sauce, pace all of the sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk well to incorporate. Place 1/2 of the sauce in a container and refrigerate, you’ll use after the beef is cooked.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add ghee. Once hot, add the roast pieces and sear on both the main sides for 4-5 minutes. After the main 2 sides are seared, turn the roast and quickly sear the other 4 sides for 1 minute each. Depending on the shape of the roast some ends might be hard to sear. Just do the best you can to sear all sides.
- Place the beef on top of the onions in the slow cooker. Pour the remaining half of the BBQ sauce over everything.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- When the beef is finished, shred it with 2 forks (either transfer to a cutting board or do it in the slow cooker). Mix it in well with the onions and juices/sauce from the slow cooker. Serve topped with additional BBQ sauce as desired.