These Vegan and Gluten-Free chocolate chip cookies are not only super easy to make in one bowl, they’re also all the things you love about a soft, chewy in the center chocolate chip cookie. We used gluten free flours, unrefined sugar, coconut oil, nut milk and dairy-free chocolate chips. You’re going to love this healthier treat!
What ingredients do you need for healthy, Vegan chocolate chip cookies?
If you eat Vegan and Gluten Free, you’ll likely have all of these ingredients on hand. There are just 9 ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Blanched almond flour – we love Bob’s Red Mill.
- Tapioca flour – we love Bob’s Red Mill.
- Paleo baking powder – we use this recipe, you can also use aluminum free baking powder if you’re not worried about the corn starch in it.
- Sea salt
- Maple sugar or coconut sugar
- Coconut oil – now if you’re not Vegan or need to avoid coconut products, ghee works as well.
- Non-dairy milk – we’ve tried almond, cashew, coconut and oat milk (not Paleo).
- Vanilla extract
- Dairy free chocolate chips – we love Enjoy Life or Pascha.
How do you make Vegan, Gluten Free Cookies
I’m a one bowl kind of gal, so these cookies can be made simply in one bowl. Here’s what you’ll do.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in your mixing bowl.
- “Cut” the room temperature coconut oil into the dry ingredients. I just use a fork to mix it in until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add in the wet ingredients and stir until a dough forms. It’s a thick dough.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. I like to actually just use my hands to mix them in.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on cookie sheet.
Cooking tips for the best Vegan cookies
You want to make sure you cook these gluten free, vegan chocolate chip cookies until the edges and tops start to get golden brown! They still taste great slightly undercooked, but to get that chewy texture with the gooey chocolate chips inside, you have to get the edges browned. This should take about 12-14 minutes, but keep an eye out.
Some other Gluten Free, Vegan cookies + desserts to try
- HEALTHY GLUTEN FREE PEAR COBBLER
- GLUTEN FREE HOMEMADE SNICKERDOODLES
- COFFEE CAKE MUFFINS
- GLUTEN-FREE APPLE CAKE
- GINGER MOLASSES COOKIES
- EDIBLE COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE
Your turn to try these soft + chewy Vegan chocolate chip cookies
It’s a great week to whip up these easy gluten free and vegan cookies! You’re going to love them. Leave a comment and rating below to let us know how it goes. And make sure to take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood so we can check it out. We love to see what you’re making!
Soft + Chewy, Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1.5 cups Bob's Red Mill blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill tapioca flour
- 2 tsp paleo baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup maple sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature (use ghee if you need to avoid cononut, just note it's not Vegan)
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dairy-free chocoloate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt and maple sugar.
- Using a fork, cut the solid coconut oil (or ghee) into the the mixture until crumbly. Stir in the non-dairy milk and vanilla until a dough forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips. I just use my hands to mix them in because it's a pretty thick dough.
- Roll dough into 12 balls, about the size of an oversized golf ball, and place on lined baking sheet.
- Transfer to oven and bake for about 12-14 minutes. The edges will start to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container on the counter.