The Instant Pot is the perfect tool for cooking a ham. It turns out warm, juicy and easy to to slice up for your family dinner. This no-fail recipe is so easy and you’ll love how the ham won’t get dried out when cooked in the Instant Pot!
How to cook ham in the Instant Pot
This method of cooking ham is actually really easy! Here are the steps:
- Add juice to the Instant Pot and place the trivet in the bottom.
- Place ham on the trivet. If needed, you can cut the ham in half to fit it in the pot.
- Cook for 13-23 minutes based on the size of the ham (see recipe step #2).
- Remove the ham and make the optional glaze while the ham rests on the cutting board.
- Slice up your ham and serve with the glaze!
A simple honey glaze
This recipe has an optional honey glaze that you definitely want to make if you enjoy a little sweet glaze on your ham. If you make it here are some tips:
- Use apple or pineapple juice when cooking the ham.
- Adjust the amount of honey used based on your desired sweetness. The 1/4 cup listed in the recipe only makes it slightly sweet. Definitely add more if you prefer a sweeter glaze.
- Use cold water to make the slurry and mix it well. Pour it into the Instant pot immediately after mixing.
- The glaze will thicken immediately after pouring in the slurry. It will thicken and cook down the longer you let it simmer.
Benefits of cooking ham in the instant pot
I used to cook ham in the oven, and a lot of times it turned out dry and tough. When you cook it in the Instant Pot you get a tender and juicy ham with some additional benefits:
- You save space in the oven if you are cooking other items that you need the oven for.
- The Instant Pot “locks” the juices in so you won’t get a dry ham.
- You can use one pot to make both the ham and the glaze!
What to serve with a pressure cooker ham
Here are some of our favorite things to serve up at a family gathering with a delicious ham:
- LOADED MASHED CAULIFLOWER
- PALEO “CORNBREAD”
- CRISPY OVEN ROASTED SPANISH POTATOES
- PESTO POTATO SALAD
- GARLIC AND SAGE BROWN BUTTER MUSHROOMS
Your turn to make an easy Instant Pot ham
Save space in the oven and cook your ham in the Instant Pot instead! We know you’ll love the flavor and be surprised by how quick and easy this recipe is.
If you make it, leave a comment and rating below to let us know how it goes. Also, take a pic to share on Instagram. Tag us @realsimplegood so we can check it out, we love to see what you’re cooking!
Like this Recipe?
SHARE IT NOW OR PIN IT FOR LATER!
Easy 2-Ingredient Instant Pot Ham
- 1 fully cooked, bone in ham, (4-9 lbs, see cooking times below)
- 1 cup apple or pineapple juice, (can sub water, but only if you don't make the glaze)
For the optional honey glaze (omit for Whole30 + Keto)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch, (can sub corn starch)
- 1/4 cup water
- Add juice to the Instant Pot and place the trivet in the pot. Place the ham on the trivet and close the lid and the pressure valve.
- Cook the ham on manual mode at high pressure:4-5 lb ham: 13 minutes + 20 minutes Natural Release6-7 lb ham: 18 minutes + 20 minutes Natural Release8-9 lb ham: 23 minutes + 20 minutes Natural ReleaseReminder: These cooking times are for a fully cooked bone-in uncut ham
- After the cooking cycle has ended, allow the pressure to naturally release for 20 minutes as noted. After the 20 minutes, carefully release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the ham and place it on a cutting board. Slice and serve or continue on with the glaze instructions.
If making the optional glaze (omit for Whole30 + Keto):
- Once the ham has been removed from the Instant Pot, add the honey and dijon mustard to the leftover juices in the pot and stir to mix the ingredients.
- Press the Saute button on the Instant Pot. While the juices start to cook mix the arrowroot starch with the water in a small bowl to make a slurry. Make sure the flour has completely mixed with the water.
- Pour the slurry into the Instant Pot and mix well with the other juices. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes or until the glaze has thickened to your liking.
- Press the cancel button on the Instant Pot. You can either use the glaze to brush all over the ham before slicing, drizzle it all over the ham slices for serving, or use it on the side for dipping pieces in.
- This recipe and cooking times above are for a fully cooked bone-in, uncut ham.
- The total “cook time” at the top of the recipe card is for a 4-5 lb ham. This total cooking time includes time for the Instant Pot to pressurize + the natural release + making the glaze. Follow recipe step #2 for the exact times to set the Instant Pot to based on the size of your ham.
- Depending on the size of your ham and your Instant Pot, you may need to cut it in half to make it fit. Just cut the pieces as evenly as possible and follow the cooking times noted.