Made with ground lamb and pork (or substitute beef), these keto-friendly Greek meatballs come together in 45 minutes using the instant Pot! Serve with creamy homemade dairy-free tzatziki for an easy meatball dinner.
Hands down amazing! Couldn’t find ground lamb so I used pork and grass fed beef. Hello flavorful delicious carb free dinner that doesn’t heat up my Phoenix kitchen in 118 degree weather! Definitely a summer staple in my home!!!-Courtney K.
Why you’ll love this delicious instant pot meatball recipe
Fresh flavors – Onion, garlic, parsley and mint leaves – oh my!
A cool and creamy sauce – The homemade, creamy cucumber-dill tzatziki sauce is the perfect compliment to the juicy meatballs.
Easy in the instant pot – Just mix up the meatballs and stack them in the instant pot. It will give you perfectly cooked meatballs every time!
Low carb – If you’re on a keto or low carb diet, these are the perfect keto meatballs! They are a low carb even including the sauce.
Making Greek meatballs in the instant pot
Just a little prep goes a long way and the instant pot will do most of the work. Here’s how:
- Pulse the fresh ingredients in a food processor to get them finely chopped.
- Mix the chopped ingredients with pork and lamb and a few seasonings.
- Form the mixture into meatballs and stack them in the instant pot.
- Cook at hight pressure for 10 minutes, with a 15 minute natural release.
- While the meatballs cook, prep the creamy tzatziki sauce and get ready to dig in!
Related: Be sure to browse through more of our keto diet recipes.
Meatball dinner ideas
Since meatballs all by themselves aren’t the most well rounded option, here are some serving ideas:
- Over some white rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa
- Tossed with some pasta or zucchini noodles
- With a side green salad (the sauce can be used for salad dressing too!)
- Served with any roasted veggies
- Wrapped in some flatbread
Tips for making the dairy-free tzatziki sauce
- Use a full fat coconut yogurt – Coconut yogurt is the closest to dairy based greek yogurt. Other non-dairy yogurts can work as well (almond or cashew).
- Squeeze the juice out of the cucumber – This will help keep the sauce nice and thick. If you are in a pinch and don’t mind a runnier sauce, you can skip this step.
- Keep it fresh – Use the freshest cucumber and dill you can find, these ingredients make a huge difference in how this cool and creamy sauce tastes!
Your turn to try these Greek meatballs
Grab some ground lamb and a dairy-free Greek yogurt and treat your taste buds to a delight with these Greek meatballs with creamy dairy-free Tzatziki sauce. See for yourself just how flavorful all those fresh herbs and textures can be!
If you try them out, let us know what you think by leaving a star rating and comment below. Also, take a picture and tag it on Instagram @realsimplegood so we can check it out! We love to see what you’re making!
Instant Pot Greek Meatballs with Tzatziki (Keto)
For the meatballs:
For the sauce:
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut yogurt, (or sub 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk and 1/2 cup mayo)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Place the onion, mushrooms, garlic, parsley and mint leaves in a food processor. Pulse until everything is finely chopped. Don't overprocess as it will turn too mush. Alternatively, you can finely dice these ingredients. Note: You'll use your food processor again to make the Tzatziki sauce.
- Place ground beef and pork in a large bowl. Add in the chopped veggies, almond flour, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix everything with your hands until ingredients are incorporated.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of your instant pot and add in 1 cup of water. Form the mixture into medium sized meatballs and stack them on the trivet in the instant pot. This recipe will make about 20 medium meatballs.
- Secure the lid of the Instant Pot and close the pressure valve. Press the “Manual” button or “Pressure Cook” and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for 15 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
- While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the sauce. Peel and cube the cucumber and squeeze the chunks in a paper towel to get rid of any excess liquid (this will help to prevent the sauce from too getting watery).
- Rinse out your food processor and dry. Place the cucumber and all other sauce ingredients into the food processor. Process into a smooth consistency. Place in a jar or container and refrigerate until served.
- When safe to do so, remove the lid and serve meatballs. Drizzle the tzatziki sauce over meatballs for serving.